I think survivor animations need more polish.
Whenever I play Killer I'm always so imperessed by the detail in some of the characters animations (Xenomorph's lobby entances and their movement, Springtraps animations, Unknowns animations), and when I go to play survivor I get the jankest interaction animations ever that look so ugly and really quickly put together. I feel DBD needs to start looking at bringing their survivor animations/interactions to the same level as killers.
I'm tired of seeing Lara and Jills shoulders implode when working on a gen, Felix's fingers cross while healing a survivor, Jake's ass implode while standing in the lobby. Faces break when doing certain experessions. Especially for characters WHICH SHARE ANIMATIONS.
Maybe it's about time we refine these shared animations and put some love and care into the visual presentation of survivor side. The shaders/materials were a great start, but i feel like survivor animations would go such a long way. Maybe lobby animations could be doubled as idle animations in match to give characters visual personality, or they could have unique emotes.
Sorry to sound so complainy it's just been years and this is the 2nd iteration of survivor animations, and shoulders still break on gens etc, the decisive strike animation has to be the biggest symptom and the axe removal on springtrap.
I think we could have a talented animator working on survivors? Not a hard ask, they are 80 percent fo your playerbase for games.
Comments