2v8 Oni/Legion Rebalance Workshop

This is a workshop: not only is Critique welcome, it's what I'm looking for. I'm speaking as someone who plays 60% of time as killer, 40% as survivor. I would argue most killers in 2v8 are too weak, and that this ends up making survivor boring to play on this mode, on top of a lack of playstyle variation people have pointed out for survivors. That said, Oni, Legion, and the Oni/Legion combo are overpowered in my opinion, and I'd like to fix this.

Problem:

Legion is to good as a support killer, and Oni is a bit too strong in chase for a power he normally has to work a good bit for, but now his teammate can often do the work for him.

Proposed Solutions:

Oni:

  1. (Rework) Reduce blood orb passive spawn rate to every 8 seconds (was 4), and remove interaction caused blood orb drops (so none are spawned from dropping pallets/vaulting/crouching/etc.) However, Buff the Fury gain from a basic attack (was 40, now 48, which means two hits=96 out of the 98 needed), and extend it to downing survivors (originally just injuring healthy survivors) and injured survivors who have endurance.
  2. (Nerf) Either reduce his turning speed buff (currently 20%, suggested to drop to 10%), or Demon Dash speed (currently 10%, suggested 0%). I'd suggest speed, because the turn rate buff give him more map independence.
  3. (Buff) Blood Fury Smash attack has increased pallet break cool down. Don't know the exact time right now, but estimate it takes 1 second for pallet break, lower it to 0.8 seconds.

Legion:

The Likely Ideas (ones I could see behavior implementing):

  1. (Nerf) Duration of Feral Frenzy goes back to 10 seconds (was 12), Terror Radius is only 40 meters in Feral Frenzy mode (was 50), and Speed is a constant 5.4m/s (originally starts at 5.2 m/s, and increased with each survivor hit.)
  2. (Buff) Increase his pallet vault speed by 0.25 seconds and normal vault speed by 0.25 seconds.
  3. (Buff) Cancelling his Feral Frenzy while he has 5 or more seconds left of it will reduce cancellation time down to 2 seconds (was 2.5)

The idea here is to make his solo chase stronger, and his team chase weaker.

Unlikely Ideas (Highly doubt they will do, but it's fun to think about):

  1. (Nerf) Reduce Feral Frenzy duration to 5 seconds, reduce range of Killer instinct to 12 meters, and successful feral slashes only recharge 3 seconds of Frenzy, not all 6.
  2. (Buff) After a successful Feral Slash, you may break a pallet by vault it.
  3. (Buff) Increase Feral Frenzy speed to 6 m/s, and increase vault speeds by 0.25 seconds. Feral Frenzy cancellation is 2 seconds instead of 2.5 like normal.

Not likely they'll implement it, and it probably isn't as cool sounding to someone who likes to play legion, and I'm sorry if just reading it pissed them off, but it was fun thought I wanted to share.

Comments