I Have Never Felt so Exhausted Playing this Game Because of the Growing Rift and Fragment Payouts

I've seen numerous discussions already covering how many rift fragments are available throughout the weekly rift quests, milestones, 2v8 and dailies. The amount needed to get everything and the time associated with accruing all of them is soul sucking.

There's a recurring point amongst folks that bring it up that even if you complete all Rift Quests, Milestones and 2v8 quests, you will still be REQUIRED to complete anywhere between 20-30 days worth of dailies to finish getting everything from all 100 tiers of the rift.

I'm exhausted of the nagging feeling that notion brings me every day feeling like I HAVE to play Dead by Daylight instead of just naturally WANTING to.

There are so many other things I want/need to do during the day but I consistently feel like Dead by Daylight is getting in the way because of the current Rift Fragment Payouts and the Dailies' part in them as being necessary for completion instead of a bonus to push you forward. I have work to do, I want to write, spend time with friends, cook, take care of chores, tend to my pets, and play OTHER GAMES. (I mean, come on, Helldivers 2 just got a giant update, Oblivion remake and Doom Dark Ages just came out, and we got Elden Ring Night Reign, Metal Gear, Borderlands 4, Marathon, Subnautica 2, The Outer Worlds 2, Slay the Spire 2, Death Stranding 2 and more coming out by the end of 2025. That doesn't even touch on other established live service games already competing for limited time.)

I think I'm going to be stepping away from this game for a while once I reach tier 70, maybe earlier when I get the Singularity skin and forego the premium rift, because I don't think this is healthy. I don't want to feel the way I do about a couple shiny pixels that are colored slightly different and I don't want that to get in the way of enjoying other things either.

It's okay if anybody reading this feels differently, disagrees or thinks I'm straight up stupid for feeling the way I do, just don't be mean about it or I'll ugly cry.

Comments

  • It seems that way at first, but bear in mind that there are around 90 days to complete the whole milestones quest lists. There should also be new events coming up like anniversary for instance, possibly chaos shuffle or lights out again, which might yield their own rewards for doing stuff.

    The daily quests are also pretty easy. Usually I can complete all three in just a single game. But most importantly.. you don't HAVE to do anything. If you feel like you don't want to play dbd, then just don't.

    I mean sure, there's some FOMO tactic here, and you can argue that it's a way for them to entice players to simply buy rift levels with real money… but by day 80 of the rift, was spending the money, or worrying over the game really worth it for a cosmetic that is very similar to others, but only with some parts a slightly different color?

  • I hate the new layers of FOMO added with the new update.

    Not only are the more unique Master Challenges, Glyphs and Memory Shards all gone (they should return in some way as an additional objective on top of all we have), the premium Rift button is plastered in the middle of the Rift screen. There are now also 3 Deep Rift variants of the new outfits, gone forever after the rift ends. Yet another level of FOMO.