You are now forced to login every day to complete a rift

What a complete joke. This was the ONE thing that DBD had going for it in the "battle pass" system. Is that it never made me feel like i had to login every day. I was able to play a day or 2 on the weekend. Wait till the new tier launched of the tome, and then could finish up the pass still with plenty of time to spare.

Unless they are hiding extra fragments behind the weekly challenges, you only get 45 levels from the weeklys and another 38 from the dailies. Basically FORCING you to play every single day, and if you miss one you stand no chance of completeing the rift. And even then i don't see where the other 17 levels are coming from. I guess milestone challenges? But those i'd imagine run out at some point right?

EDIT: My misunderstanding of milestones, i was assuming they were permanent, not per rift. But it still stands that unless they are hiding extra fragments from us that we are not aware of, that means over the course of the 83 day rift you get:

  • 37.35 Levels from dailies
  • 38.5 Levels from milestones
  • 45 Levels from Weeklies

This is a total of 120.85 levels maximum.

Which means to complete the rift pass to level 100 without having to log in every day, you need to, complete every single weekly, complete every single milestone and still log in for 37 of the 83 days. Forcing you to log in for almost half of the days of the rift. So its not quite every day, but its instead every other day. Still a far cry from before where i could play a day or 2 every weekend and still complete the pass. And of course this isn't just a simple "log in" every day. I have to login every day, and likely play a minimum of 2 games every other day to make it work.

Comments

  • @Cadpig said:

    The quest system is amazing, the problem is the changes to Rift Fragments.

    When I first saw that you needed 100 Fragments for a Tier now instead of 10, I was a little put off, but I figured the quests were maybe going to reward so much more that it would make up for it (the first game I played completed a ton of quests and gave me a false impression).

    As it is, with 100 Fragments needed per Tier, the speed is so slow it's completely demoralizing.

    I agree, I like this quest system a LOT more than the old one. The problem is how damn stingy the rift fragments are, it feels like a punishment for NOT playing which is so very much NOT what anyone asked for and looks really really exploitative.

  • Quick, let's turn the game into a live service hell

  • So that dude ONLY calculated the weekly quests.Ignores all the Milestonequests too.

  • @ImWinston said:

    • even though DBD is our favorite videogame, we must not forget that BHVR is a company, not a charity, so it is normal that they push users to play as much as possible. all videogames do this (the most important example is Fortnite), I don't understand why BHVR shouldn't do the same. It is obvious that our experience as consumers is important, but we must also understand the needs of a company that is trying to make a profit

    Nobody is arguing that BHVR cannot make a profit, I think most people have the basic ability to understand that BHVR is a company and companies need to make money.

    The issue ACTUALLY is that the new system appears to not respect the time of players. If I could dump 1 week into the Rift and still finish it entirely using Rift Challenges, etc, that provides more incentive to engage with the game and spend money on the Rift (you could do this with the Old Rift). This new system decentivizes that, thus people are less likely to buy a Rift near the end of it's duration, meaning BHVR gets less money.

    Quite literally what you are arguing for does the complete opposite of what BHVR wants to accomplish. Engagement is reduced. Profits are reduced. The community remains unhappy.

  • The worst part about this is how often the game is left in a rough state. You now have completely busted killers that will abuse bugs and glitches, and the dev team doesn't utilise the kill switch for them. Look at how Nemesis currently can abuse PWYF and other haste stacking to reach over a 130% movement speed the entire match. It's ridiculous that you can no longer wait for them to act on reports or create solutions before starting up this trainwreck of a game.

  • I am now just realizing the mistake I have likely made by purchasing the premium rift track this time. I only have time to play maybe twice a week for two hours at a time. If this new system is going to require me to log on almost daily to complete the track, then I'm done with the game. If behavior won't respect my time, then I don't have to play anymore.

1 2 ›