2v8 mechanics in normal games
there’s a couple mechanics in 2v8 I’m curious if they would work in normal games too. Don’t forget its just MY opinion or idea so please no hate but I like to hear your opinions or ideas :)
- generator repair speed
for every finished gen the repair speed is decreased so you need more time and in 2v8 it’s for every hook the repair speed is increased but in normal how about for every sacrificed survivor so two survivors left still have a chance to do 2-3 gens and a full squad can’t genrush this fast because they’re slowed down.
- hooks/cages change position
basically like the pyramid head cages just with the 2v8 entity claws cages design and fixed positions like normal hooks so survivors must be carried by the killer. replaces the normal hooks so design and other mechanics like sabotage need to be adjusted but imo it’s a better solution than the anti camping bar we have now (and the having the entity more „active“ in the game is also very cool imo)
BONUS
- hatch respawn
not on 2v8 but a mechanic like the despawning cages. If a killer or survivor is camping on the hatch (+5m radius) for more than 10 seconds the hatch will despawn and spawn at another position on the map
Comments
I really don't like the repair speed catch-up/slowdown idea. It feels like it's forcing an outcome, or forcing gameplay.
I'm surprised no mention of the other eye symbol, where it shows you as a survivor when the killer is seeing your aura. I think a lot of survivors would like that. And since good survivors play as if they've got wall hacks anyway, I wouldn't mind it coming to the regular game.
I thought of that but even without a sound and just the eye icon in most cases you know the killers perk or add-ons because both sides play with the same 10-15 meta perks all the time. Maybe It would be interesting showing the killer that icon too if one of the survivors see their aura but it’s too strong in general for survivors in normal matches imo
With how scarce resources are, I feel stealth can't be ignored. Knowing when you are being revealed would help a lot