Should survivors have to do more gens for less time?
A concurrent concern I see amongst killers is that 'gens' fly. In 2v8 we have seen survivors have to do more gens but for a reduced amount of time. This likely adds time overall as survivors have to travel across the map to do more gens, but also it pushes them into the path of the killer more often. Similarly, as park of Blood Moon we have seen different types of gens in the mix. Survivors have to fill their Gerry cans before filling the generators which takes more time and again increases the need for map traversal, not just sitting on one gen for 90 seconds, so increases chances of seeing the killer. Should survivors need to do more gens for less time? Also, could we permanently have different types of gens to mix it up a bit?
Comments
Broadly, no, I don't see that as necessary, it'd be a change made for arbitrary reasons.
Gens only fly under two broad circumstances right now: The killer isn't applying enough pressure, or multiple survivors brought toolboxes. In the latter case, just a stacked toolbox will suffice, and it gets much worse if they have associated builds for those toolboxes.
I did like the blood gens but I don't think they should become the main way of escaping in the main mode. I would like to see future events include different kinds of generators more consistently, though, so we have variation coming in at a steady pace.
I don't think more gens, but at less time would be a significant change and would probably require reworking some maps.
Different gens as part of the normal game? No. Explore the idea more as a mode? Sure.
But 2v8 works literally the opposite, survivors need to make less generators (usually 5 generators for 4 people in 2v8 8 generators for 8 people)