Add the option to disable the heartbeat

I think this is highly requested by now, but i think there should be an option to use only the music as an indicator for the killer's aproach, or have a way to disable the heartbeat. An offering or a perk could work well. 

Comments

  • I’ve said the same thing multiple times. This needs to be a thing. The heartbeat gets soooooo annoying.
  • I don’t agree. I like heartbeat! It feels, like a regular reaction. Wouldn’t your heart be pounding if you were getting chased by a woman with a deformed claw?
  • Heartbeat shows that the killer is inducing fear upon the survivors why would we need to remove something that shows fear

  • Watery said:
    I don’t agree. I like heartbeat! It feels, like a regular reaction. Wouldn’t your heart be pounding if you were getting chased by a woman with a deformed claw?
    well, i would love to hear the music more clearly. That heartbeat is pretty loud.
  • Only if it's the survivors decision. 
    Killers would abuse the hell out of it if it was theirs.
    Probably why most heart beat modifiers with killers are offerings.
  • @Adonisadon234 said:
    I think this is highly requested by now, but i think there should be an option to use only the music as an indicator for the killer's aproach, or have a way to disable the heartbeat. An offering or a perk could work well. 

    There should be sound settings in general, just like graphic settings.
    Ridiculous that we have to request such stuff though

  • Watery said:
    I don’t agree. I like heartbeat! It feels, like a regular reaction. Wouldn’t your heart be pounding if you were getting chased by a woman with a deformed claw?
    "add an option" means you have the choice.
  • Only if it's the survivors decision. 
    Killers would abuse the hell out of it if it was theirs.
    Probably why most heart beat modifiers with killers are offerings.
    Obviously for survivors only. But the killer doesn't even hear a heartbeat anyway or do I miss something?
  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

    Only if it's the survivors decision. 
    Killers would abuse the hell out of it if it was theirs.
    Probably why most heart beat modifiers with killers are offerings.

    Obviously for survivors only. But the killer doesn't even hear a heartbeat anyway or do I miss something?

    Not hearing the heartbeat would make it MUCH harder for survivors to know how close the killer is.
    If the killer could choose to disable the heartbeats for all survivors, then he'd gain a massive advantage.

  • Master said:

    @Adonisadon234 said:
    I think this is highly requested by now, but i think there should be an option to use only the music as an indicator for the killer's aproach, or have a way to disable the heartbeat. An offering or a perk could work well. 

    There should be sound settings in general, just like graphic settings.
    Ridiculous that we have to request such stuff though

    Then killers would be able to disable all music and ambient sound so they could hear breathing and footsteps. That would be unfair. No. Sound settings should only be a master volume and nothing else. MAYBE have something to replace the heartbeat sound, but it would have to be just as dynamic. 
  • This content has been removed.
  • This is a stupid idea. next.

  • No. Would break the game. You wan't no heartbeat, scratch-mirror Meyers, Wraith or Pig

  • What i'm actually thinking is to add a slider for the ambient, heartbeat, etc volume and another one for the music. Its should be up to the players if they want to do this.

  • se05239 said:

    @HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

    Only if it's the survivors decision. 
    Killers would abuse the hell out of it if it was theirs.
    Probably why most heart beat modifiers with killers are offerings.

    Obviously for survivors only. But the killer doesn't even hear a heartbeat anyway or do I miss something?

    Not hearing the heartbeat would make it MUCH harder for survivors to know how close the killer is.
    If the killer could choose to disable the heartbeats for all survivors, then he'd gain a massive advantage.

    U don't understand what OP's idea is.
    Master said:

    @Adonisadon234 said:
    I think this is highly requested by now, but i think there should be an option to use only the music as an indicator for the killer's aproach, or have a way to disable the heartbeat. An offering or a perk could work well. 

    There should be sound settings in general, just like graphic settings.
    Ridiculous that we have to request such stuff though

    Then killers would be able to disable all music and ambient sound so they could hear breathing and footsteps. That would be unfair. No. Sound settings should only be a master volume and nothing else. MAYBE have something to replace the heartbeat sound, but it would have to be just as dynamic. 
    You completely missed the point. You should read again what op is suggesting, noone is talking about the killee adjusting sounds.
  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

    Only if it's the survivors decision. 
    Killers would abuse the hell out of it if it was theirs.
    Probably why most heart beat modifiers with killers are offerings.

    Obviously for survivors only. But the killer doesn't even hear a heartbeat anyway or do I miss something?

    The only one that does is Legion once they enter Feral Frenzy.