MMR Decay ('25) - Can't play killer

Issue: Lack of MMR decay leads returning players into awful gameplay. As a veteran killer I feel I cannot return due to being unable to meet my long past performance.
Solution: Implement MMR decay after a given killer or the survivor role has not been played. Killer decay is slower if the account is actively playing killer in general.

Etc:

Kinda' can't play killer anymore after a break of playing with friends on survivor, and general break from DbD. Wanted to come back to some favorite mains but I am getting SLAUGHTERED by full comms, high skilled survivor teams. Figured my MMR should decay fast in 3 losses.

It has been 6. I know I'm bad, but pretty sure the average survivor shouldn't be able to chain every map tile, force protection hits mid chase, and save through several layers of walls. I don't think my MMR is actually dropping to any significant degree. I love my classic killers, but I don't think I can play my favorite characters anymore because the game is convinced I am way better than I actually am these days.
No I won't play other killers, not I don't enjoy them, but because their exception proves the rule. I finally enjoyed myself on a Plague match, but what if I play her a lot now and get a high MMR again? What if I take another break? Well now I can't play that killer and have to start all over again. Nor do I want to feel forced to keep up with this game non-stop just to enjoy it at a base level.

Genuinely feel awful trying to play lately and it's because I am being put to a level I simply don't have. I know more appropriate lobbies exist. I am not interested in being abused by players well above my skill level.

Comments

  • Well Singlularity, Skill is a fresh concept. I been rank 1 in wow but after a long break i probably am 500 rating under my peak and if like in wow my rating was still around 3000 when i return i would get stomped to the ground until i learn again, until i dont have tunnel vision again and so on. That is also why mmr resets every season.

    So while i understand his concern i also feel, deal with it , you will lose and it will be alligned with what you are , you may realize you arent as good as you thought and might be dissapointed in yourself but thats life mate.

  • There absolutely should be an mmr decay if you’ve been gone for a while. We also need “actual”separate killer mmr, not the pseudo separate killer mmr we currently have which realistically is irrelevant.

  • IIRC Each killer have it's own MMR, so playing new killer means starting with low MMR survs, despite of how good You are with other killers

  • @Archael said:

    IIRC Each killer have it's own MMR, so playing new killer means starting with low MMR survs, despite of how good You are with other killers

    With totally just released killer yes but if you have killer and play another one and win with that one will very minorly effect the killer you did not play with. There is some sharing between killers with mmr but its not one to one. Even the devs have confirmed that its the case.