Stunning the ghoul during a dash while in the missed skill check animation softlocks the game

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE:

It seems that when you stun the ghoul during a dash (potentially stun any killer?) while also missing a skill check your game can become soft locked. You can no longer do any of the following (fast or rushed): enter lockers, vault, heal other survivors, heal yourself with a medkit, do gens, drop pallets, and I assume pretty much anything else that requires an interaction.

PLATFORM:

PC (Steam), Windows 10

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED:

  1. Stand at a pallet while injured
  2. Heal
  3. The Ghoul rushes through the pallet
  4. Stop the heal and stun the killer
  5. As you stop the heal if you get a skill check it automatically misses it
  6. The game is now softlocked

I could not get the game to fix by changing my controls from toggle to hold and back again, dropping from a great height, being healed, or being injured. I'm not sure about being downed fixing it.

VIDEO:

Video

DBDSoftlock.zip
  • Player logs are required from PC players only.

Log file (may not be the right one since I closed the game before knowing I needed it)

DeadByDaylight.log

Comments