Devlopers, i think its time we hid rank

numbers should be irelevant and only provide discourse among people. have people at red, purple, green and brown ranks as always, but hide the numbering.
oh n pls add more pips perk rank and rank decay for high ranks after not playing for a few days k thanks bye :DDDDD
On a serious note @not_Queen Do you think this would help to stop rank related hate? you don't have to comment on whether or not this is going to be implemented or a similar system, just curious of your opinion.

Comments

  • Rank doesn’t even matter at this point. You could barely know any knowledge of the game, get carried by SWF and end up in the green or purple ranked at least.

    Rank is supposed to separate “skill caps” even though it I’ve seen high rank play with low rank or the other way around. Smurfs also exist.

    Not to mention the fact on how extremely easy it can be to rank up; especially while playing killer.

    You don’t even get a reward for ranking up. Some games actually do give you rewards for ranking up (Overwatch’s competitive mode) since this game’s ONLY match is ranked.

    I think this game is too causal for rank to be taken seriously overall. Even if it’s “competitive”.
  • @Gamzello said:
    Rank doesn’t even matter at this point. You could barely know any knowledge of the game, get carried by SWF and end up in the green or purple ranked at least.

    Rank is supposed to separate “skill caps” even though it I’ve seen high rank play with low rank or the other way around. Smurfs also exist.

    Not to mention the fact on how extremely easy it can be to rank up; especially while playing killer.

    You don’t even get a reward for ranking up. Some games actually do give you rewards for ranking up (Overwatch’s competitive mode) since this game’s ONLY match is ranked.

    I think this game is too causal for rank to be taken seriously overall. Even if it’s “competitive”.

    Mate if you even read my suggestion at all you'd see that i wanted to take out rank in the way of numbers, leaving people to be split by skill cap and not be able to vocally say "oh im rank etc im better then you" along with enhancing the actual competitive nature of the game, by forcing high rank people to continuously have to play in order to maintain their rank, along with a greater grind to get to and stay at that point

  • @Gamzello said:
    Rank doesn’t even matter at this point. You could barely know any knowledge of the game, get carried by SWF and end up in the green or purple ranked at least.

    Rank is supposed to separate “skill caps” even though it I’ve seen high rank play with low rank or the other way around. Smurfs also exist.

    Not to mention the fact on how extremely easy it can be to rank up; especially while playing killer.

    You don’t even get a reward for ranking up. Some games actually do give you rewards for ranking up (Overwatch’s competitive mode) since this game’s ONLY match is ranked.

    I think this game is too causal for rank to be taken seriously overall. Even if it’s “competitive”.

    Mate if you even read my suggestion at all you'd see that i wanted to take out rank in the way of numbers, leaving people to be split by skill cap and not be able to vocally say "oh im rank etc im better then you" along with enhancing the actual competitive nature of the game, by forcing high rank people to continuously have to play in order to maintain their rank, along with a greater grind to get to and stay at that point

    I don’t even know if devs pay attention to rank anymore or if they care enough to even do something about it lmao. I don’t know why people boast about that when literally many people can get into high ranks easily. You know?
  • @Gamzello said:
    I don’t even know if devs pay attention to rank anymore or if they care enough to even do something about it lmao. I don’t know why people boast about that when literally many people can get into high ranks easily. You know?

    Eh true i can agree to that to some degree. but for the most part, a rank 1 will always be better then a rank 20/15 at the least. i just think that we should scale it a bit better and hide the actual values, which when you can't see actual values, is going to lead to less rank manipulation as easily (unless you keep careful track of match results.)

  • Increasing pips isnt going the change the fact that the killer and survivor are in the same team.
  • I've had survivor games where I have been matched up with all rank 20s including the killer, and been the only one to die. That's when I want my rank to be hidden!