This ptb is pretty bad
knock out is useless, xenomorph gutted, lackluster buffs for chucky, new killer is buggy asf and his unique perks are mediocre at best.
knock out is useless, xenomorph gutted, lackluster buffs for chucky, new killer is buggy asf and his unique perks are mediocre at best.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Knock Out was already useless against SWFs, and it destroyed SoloQ disproportionately, now it actually does something to both groups fairly equally. From my testing it was actually decent, especially if you use a Killer that instantly breaks pallets or relies on heavy zoning. I think it serves to fill a niche that many Killers actually needed, and it serves to punish Hold W gameplay as well.
The Xenomorph changes are horrible. The idea behind the changes makes sense but the execution of the idea was horrible, I like the idea of it progress towards removing their power stays longer but it takes more effort from Survivors to remove the power, but the way they did it makes it still relatively easy to remove the power. It also does not help that their Tail Attack is bugged and it takes way longer to perform the attack than intended, it does not match the values listed in the PTB Patch Notes.
Chucky is, meh. Buffs are buffs, and Chucky is in a position where they can take whatever they can get at this point. Frankly I think they need to revert the movement speed and range changes since the issue with Chucky isnt his ability to hit around long loops, but the lack of speed to convert a Slice and Dice into a hit. Haste perks are still a requirement even after the change, which sucks.
New Killer is buggy and does need more work but the concept for the Killer is really fun and I hope they listen to community feedback and tighten things up for the live release, since this could very well be one of their best chapter releases in awhile. His perks are interesting and I dont think they are that weak but I dont think they are that strong either, I think they hit that sweet spot in terms of balancing where they are decent enough to consider using but not meta-defining either.
Terror Radius changes are alright. High mobility Killers have a larger Terror Radius (thus larger area to warn Survivors) makes sense but I think BHVR forgot that Terror Radius perks exist and it unironically kind of buffed them since they now have the ability to use perks like Coulrophobia and Infectious Fright (paired with Distressing) to slug the entire team. Though we also got the surrender option in the same PTB anyways.
The other perk changes were fine, nothing super noteworthy since it was mostly just value changes; dont get me wrong, these perks definitely needed the buffs, but I dont think anyone is going to be foaming in the mouth with excitement over Dance With Me lasting 2 extra seconds. Part of me feels like some of the perks might need secondary effects just to help them a bit more. Also, might as well throw this in, Legion changes are also nice, I know Legion can be annoying for a lot of players but they definitely needed the buffs since they were on the weaker side of things.
TLDR; PTB was alright. Some things definitely need more work (in my opinion).
Don't forget about Oni…