New feature: Map Preference

I think it would be really cool if players had the option to like or dislike specific maps, which would then increase or decrease the chances of being sent to those maps — without needing offerings.

The other day, I was playing Hillbilly and ended up on Lery’s, followed by RPD. It was one of the most miserable experiences I’ve had in a while. The same frustration exists for survivors — getting Haddonfield followed by Forgotten Ruins can be rough, as many players dislike those maps for various reasons. Of course, map preference is subjective.

This system could be tailored to each killer individually. For example, as Hillbilly, I’d dislike indoor maps like Lery’s and Hawkins, while as Ghostface, I’d prefer avoiding open maps like Rotten Fields and Blood Lodge.

Since each lobby consists of five players, a disliked map could have its odds reduced by 20% for every dislike. For example: If three players in a lobby dislike Swamp, its spawn chance would be reduced by 60%.

Given the 1:4 ratio between killers and survivors, the killer should have the ability to like/dislike more maps than individual survivors to balance the system.

What are your thoughts on this?

I got this idea from Rocket League, were you have the option do like/dislike maps:

"The Arena Preferences feature allows you to Like and Dislike specific Arenas. These preferences help determine the odds of you being placed in an Arena. If all players in a lobby Dislike an Arena,  it will never appear"

Picture how it looks like in Rocket League:

image.png
Tagged: Maps