2 v 8 survivors are canon fodder
Is dbd a game of hide and seek?
Well I just came out of 10 match were I escaped twice. My blood points is so low, I can't say it's because I am bad at the game or the killers are too good. Something feels off. Yes 2 killers are engaged with one or two players at the time, what are the remaining survivors doing?
They are not doing their jobs. Runners are hiding and not doing gens.
Medics are running around the map for the rescue and avoid touching gens
Guides are tunnelled out because they are the ones not hiding, they are doing Gens
Scouts are hiding in every corner not doing gens and not rebuilding broken pallets.
If you don't do Gens we will loose the game.
Rules for better Game play:
- If you see someone doing a Gen and it can be completed join them if not go and do another Gen. If the killer chases the survivors doing the Gen sneak back and finish that Gen or all that effort is wasted.
- If 5 players have been hooked and no Generator has popped, you have lost that game, you are playing with cowards, no one will escape through the gate.
- If you are on your first hook or no hook, try to take a hook state for someone who is actually doing Gens. Don't be useless
- If you have not completed up to two Generators do not touch any Yellow hook state herbs.
- If 2 mins have passed and no gens popped you are either a coward or you are playing with cowards or both.
DBD please stop joining me with cowards who hide all game and do nothing. Let me play with other players who also contribute to the game.
Dbd should create a Bad sport lobby for cowards only.
Comments
I played 4 matches last night and escaped all 4. There was one match with zero kills, two with one kill, and one with 3 kills. I haven’t been keeping track, but I would say my escape rate has easily been over 50% since the event started. There are so many buffs for survivors in this mode and maps are filled with good loops and safe pallets.
I definitely understand what you are seeing with bad teammates though - I’ve had some matches like that too. Players hiding in the corner, nobody doing gens, running away from gens at the slightest sound of a heartbeat even though you can see other people are being chased, players lasting 5 seconds in chase, etc.
I play on PC and try to find lobbies with mostly other PC players. I’ve found that the quality of teammates tends to be higher with PC players.
The only reason 2 v 8 got voted to be extended was due to people doing tomb challenges, current and past. Unfortunately that also means a huge proportion of the player base is going to be going into this mode with the sole intention of doing a particular challenge such as cleanse 20 totems, reveal the aura of the killer however many times, do however many gens. These challenges will be their priority, not doing gens or playing to escape.
I did it last 2 v 8, used it to do old tome challenges I missed because they are so much easier to do in 2 v 8. I might have annoyed my team when I chose to cleanse totems instead of doing the gen right Infront of me but if that's my challenge that's what I'm going to do.
Ah so you are one of those players. How about don't throw the game. Yes it may take you 2 or 3 game to complete your quest but that's better than what players are currently doing.
I still escape well over half my games (I play guide exclusively, tome challenges aside) but the past couple of days my "teammates" have done very little!
Had a game this morning before I headed to the Arena all 8 gens got lit up & I got out (3k) but I popped 6 of the 8 gens I did 3 of those exclusively on my own & started the other 3 before getting any help!
I'm doing tomes too, but also escaping a pretty good rate. I've had bad stretches, but also escapes well above what I expect in 1v4. I'd guess my escape rate, not including hatches when the killers won, is over 50%.
On your strategy advice
Medics running around and healing is what they should be doing, especially if there aren't that many medics. If I'm the only medic I'll spend the whole game prioritizing recues/heals over gens and that usually results in a 6+ person escape.
Whether to group on a gen really depends on what gen and when in the game. Off the start survivors should spread out on multiple gens, only grouping up if it is completing a central gen. If survivors group up too much and get scattered that's when gens don't get done. If all the survivors are in an area its relatively easy for the killers to scatter everyone, not just the 1 to 2 you discuss.
I've had games with multiple hooks that the survivors have come back from before a gen pops (both as a killer and survivor). Hooks force the survivors to spread out, and the catch up mechanic means that if they then attack the most important gens they are in great position.
Otherwise, yes, survivors without hook states should be more daring and willing to engage the killers, while those on death hook should be doing the support roles.
That's a good game then but we both know that this kind of games happens rarely.
I think many players don't know how to play 2v8. There was no tutorial, and most YouTubers don't care to make a guide video.