Drift King Billy
I wish the devs would revert the number changes that were done to Billy’s spiked boots and dad’s boots addons. There was a reason these 2 addons were the most popular picks, it made traversing the map as Billy feel much better since you could actually dodge all the random clutter on every single map, and because old overdrive speed was fast enough to the point where you didn’t feel you had to run engravings. When I play with double boots Billy now I feel like I bump into so many more things on the map since I can’t turn sharp enough while traversing. They already fixed the problematic parts that made boots feel overtuned (nerfed how often overdrive is up and nerfed overdrive speed). I understand that the rarity nerf was necessary since they were 2 strong addons that were low tier so almost everyone had access to them but the double nerf still feels bad to this day. I hope one day they will revert the number nerfs but since Billy is already top 3-5 rn I doubt they’ll touch him or his addons again for a while.
Comments
i think they only nerfed it because they gave him an increased initial turn. Imagine pre nerf double boots lol.
the boots did NOT have an effect on the initial turn rate. They helped after the initial turn rate to make for even sharper curves but boots have never affected the initial turn rate, a lot of people thought they did and that’s why people complained.