The solution to camping
Hello, people of the fog,
Everyone hate campers and want to make an end to it. Right now, there is a system that campers gets punished (just a little bit) if they stand too close to the hook. Personally, I only camp when I am frustrated (for example when I die because of other campers). The thing is that campers don't care AT ALL about ranks/pips/scores. With this, I say that the new punishment system doesn't work properly. Campers only want to kill people (to get that satisfying feeling of someone being mad).
I think I have the answer to make people stop camping; I think that if the killer stands too close to the hook, the sacrifice goes slower. The closer you are, the slower it goes (unless you are 16+ meters away OR if another survivor is close to the hook).
I know what you are thinking: "OK, but the killer can see how fast the sacrifice goes and he will know if another survivor is close". I think the killers shouldn't be allowed to see when the sacrifice goes into the 2nd/3rd state. However, I do think killers should be able to see (also from healthy survivors) in which state they are/they'll be if they get hooked.
Let me please know what you think of this idea. I just really want to make an end to camping.
Comments
This exact system was tried and tested in a PTB and was abused to hell and back by survivors.
The easiest way to deter camping is not by constantly punishing killers for being close but by giving killers incentive to leave. REWARD KILLERS FOR GOING HUNTING.
Camping is likely to never end. It can be unpleasant for both sides, but sometimes it's necessary. If the killer camps, do gens. Punish what he's doing. Too many people feed into it and end up getting the whole team killed.
By nerfing BBQ they increased the amount of camping. So be careful what you wish for.
Also insidious wouldn't exist in the first place.
or run borrowed time and take hits
Such a mechanic has already been abused in the first PTB and was discarded.
Well said
This means going after another survivor has to be so much more advantageous than that single kill, in terms of bloodpoints, emblem points and for those that don't care about the first two overall killing.
sounds good but for balance should be:
There's also other perks to let you know where the most pressure is. Discordance, for instance, and they've finally buffed surveillance. BBQ & C is really best for BP and can show where a survivor might be as they may have moved before you go over to them.
However, I do think camping needs to be discouraged. I am for timer stoppers, BP reduction, anything that punishes the killer for staying at the hook. I also agree, that a killer needs to get some kind of in game boost for a hook (like instant bloodlust level per hook made for next chase)
Let's just not give points of sacrifice is the killer is camping...