Shoulder the burden is not an anti tunnel, it's basically a just an anti kill in gerenal

it affects me even when I'm not tunneling, for example I have somebody who I know is on death hook so I know the time I run into that Survivor while I'm chasing other survivors now I know I can get that guy out of the game if I commit to a chase with them and shoulder the burden will just rob that from you as long I didn't hook this specific survivor or worse if 2 survivors are running it. or if they rat out pretty well. so it doesn't act like an anti-tunnel perk. it will keep the 1v4 going no matter the playstyle.

at least with ds i can just ignore them, otr. they can body block but it's whatever i will deal with it. babysitter. same thing. ignore them. but shoulder the burden just skips all that. but actually, you are either forced to hook all survivors individually to avoid having the death hook taken away from you. while you can say ye just do that then. you have to consider the fact. what if I find the survivor that I hooked before doing a generator? ofc i have to stop them from doing that so that's not tunneling anymore as they are progressing the game. I can't just be like. see ya later keep doing that gen.

there's some counterpoint to it like they get the exposed effect, I get told they will just die very quickly. while yes, your right. that is if am proxy camping. Because mostly I ain't staying close to the hook am chasing other survivors. so the exposed effect don't really mean anything. but even if i proxy camp. there's always reassurance so no matter what I do. play fair or not. am punished no matter what.

this is why slugging is starting to become popular, survivors get rewarded more from hooks than killers, a lot of perks just do not activate if you just leave them in the ground.

Comments

  • I mean, true…
    It's good perk for a reason. Basically counter is to make sure you at least 1 hook everyone first, which is not really that easy for many killers and there is a good chance you are doing it for nothing… I miss old BBQ :(