What I Feel The "Go Next Prevention" Should Take In To Account
This is my own personal thoughts on maybe how their system should or would go that would make it the best possible outcome. I'm also curious to see how others may think it should go. Obviously this is coming from someone who doesn't develop games, so I may say things that would be hard to code but this is if it is possible type of thing, and in an ideal world where everything runs as intended.
I think the system should take multiple things in to account, including but not limited to:
1) I feel like time in the trial is a big one. Usually the people who are the problem with going next are those who give up after being the very first one hooked. I feel like time in the trial should be a part of it.
Example, the majority of trials I'm in last 10-15 minutes. If it hasn't even been all that long in the trial and they intentionally try to go next then that's where penalties can come in.
2) People dead/number of hooks. A lot of people "go next" when the trial is obviously over.
Example: everyone is on death hook and only 1 or 2 gens got done. Or when the last two or three people are alive and the person on hook wants to give the last person alive a chance for hatch. Or one person is dead and two are on hook and last is still around, and the people on hook want to give hatch. Or even a successful basement play and the rest of the team is on hook except one and they want to give hatch. This was the most alarming to me when I read the plan to include "intentionally missing skill checks", because sometimes it's to give their teammate one last chance.
3) AFK should also count. I've seen some survivors just idle because they don't want to go against a certain killer, whether that be under hook, or as soon as the killer finds them. Some killers slug AFK/giving up survivors, so if they aren't moving or recovering (making an effort to at least play the game) that should count for it. Of course that may get tricky with actual slugging. And being actually AFK the whole round is just a waste of que times and a teammate.
I was going to list generators repaired and something about them running directly in to the killer, but generators sort of go hand in hand with amount of time in trial and running to the killer intentionally would be impossible to track, since sometimes you just end up running in to them on accident, or get tunneled. I was also going to add perks, but I feel like these other situations should overrule it. Yes it could definitely be considered but I think those perks are highly situational.
Those are the main ones I can think of off the top of my head, so I'm curious what others think as well.
Comments