Devotion and rewarding veteran players
The new QoL road-map has reminded me of a suggestion I made around 2 years ago that I want to push back onto the teams potential minds.
Currently, being a dedicated DBD player doesn't reward much outside of getting better and general enjoyment, the p100 rewards on the roadmap is a HUGE step forward to letting people show off with some hardcore grinded cosmetics
However, there's 80+ characters in the game, or at least we're around that number when p100 rewards do hit the game, and a p100 takes on average 300 hours.
If you were to p100 every character in DBD, it'll take around 24,000 hours. Closer to 20,000 with events and x3 BP weekends and such, but still. That's an INSANE amount of time. For the average player, they'll never be able to p100 someone with teach-ables existing, and most will only do 1-2 characters that they personally like (Typically 1 surv 1 killer)
Of course, the p100 reward and grind as a new player is not a greatly important question. They have so much to learn between counter-play, maps, looping, perks, etc that a show-off cosmetic isn't important
But that's how we go back around to the veteran part. A dedicated player with 8-12k hours will play more characters for variety instead of just grinding out 1-2. Why not make their prestige's easier after sticking so much time into the game?
And the game already has the perfect system for that, Devotion was introduced ages ago and currently doesn't truly do anything. Using it as a new system to reward players globally seems like a great idea, and the numbers can be played around with in-house (Especially since you can see the average devotion level across the player-base while I can't)
My proposed idea is making each devotion level give a permanent stacking 10% BP gain and raise the BP cap by 1 million.
So someone Devotion 2 will have a 4 million BP cap and a permanent 20% BP gain, while someone Devotion 50 would have a 52 million BP cap and a 500% BP gain. (I am the devotion 50 in this instance)
The negative connotations are spending AGES spending BP, which yall have on your QoL map that you're adding bulk spending so that will get removed, and the ability to permanently run STRONG addons/offerings. However, I think that would bring good information for balancing the stronger addons and offerings properly, and most people can do this anyway. If you truly play 1 character, like me with Huntress, I have infinite oak haft/babushka and whatever other addon combination I could use. I haven't leveled her since anniversary and still have 1.8k oak hafts
I get from a over-head POV you probably don't want people leveling new content/character too fast, but the only players who could do that with this change play all the time. I, personally, have over 8,000 hours and I'm devotion 50, I've been playing since 2020.
Again, this idea entirely hinges on the average Devotion level across the player-base, which is information I would love to see public. With the difference in XP bonus weeks now existing, custom matches not giving match XP, etc. Hope to see this idea, or something similar implemented in some form :)
Comments