QoL part 1 - my feedback and suggestions
My thoughts, opinions, and suggestions on each section:
Surrender State - Good ideas, but I'd like it if you expanded the 'all survivors slugged' to include all survivors that are still alive being slugged. The most egregious instance of slugging is when there is only one or two survivors left and the killer goes out of their way to make certain they are trapped in the game until they bleed out.
Most killers that down all four survivors proceed to hook them if they can. It's the times when the killer thinks it's okay to punish that last survivor that played well or annoyed them in some other way. Let those survivors just end the match rather than having to allow the killer to torture them.
Gamma Adjustments - Good
“Go-Next" Prevention - Sure, if you can 100% prove the 'go next' is happening, you can punish it, but you can't. How will you do that? My guess is a report button, and I bet my left pinky that would be abused. Maybe an automatic system to identify this, but that will always find false flags so you'd have to deal with disputes, and then you have the legitimate disputes that will be ignored causing more issues than the original problem was causing…
I've said it before, the only way to eliminate the 'go next' epidemic is to eliminate the hook attempts taking the survivor to the second phase. Just make them sit on the hook for the rest of the timer after they take their three chances. Then, get rid of the skill checks in second phase. Finally, any survivor that goes afk for a certain amount of time should simply be replaced with a bot and given a disconnect penalty. These ideas sound infinitely easier to implement to me than the plans BHVR outlined, and they would address the issues directly.
Grades have nothing to do with the 'go next' problem. Before grades were locked in, when depipping was still a thing, players were allowed to DC. Am I the only one that remembers this? So they just DCed. The DC penalty is the reason that we now have a 'go next' problem, and it has nothing to do with the removal of depipping.
Extreme Hiding & Body Blocking Prevention - Good. As I've suggested before BHVR should just remove collision between all players. Just do it. Collision is almost always abused.
Map Offerings - Good.
Spawn Rules - This doesn't make much sense. Is BHVR switching the two purple (the killer one that starts all survivors apart and the survivor one that starts them all together) offerings? If so, it's about time they fixed this blatant mistake, but pretty much forcing survivors to be required to burn one by making them always load together is a step too far.
Improved AFK Bot Detection - This must be a problem in other regions, as I haven't seen a bot like this in like four years.
Bulk Bloodpoint Spending - Okay, sure. I despise the current auto spend option. It is faster than manual but not only wastes more blood but purposefully avoids everything you would actually want to spend blood on after you already have all perks. If it doesn't prioritize the good stuff I need to buy you might as well be programming a "waste my blood on things I don't need more of" button. In which case I can just sit on the millions of blood I have because I don't have the time to force my way through blood webs unless I absolutely need an item, add-on, or offering. Then after sitting on stacks of blood it just makes me think, 'What am I earning if I play, nothing?' Please do this right, BHVR. We don't need this feature to save blood points or just to be a fast option. It needs to prioritize the items we have the least of and be quick about it.
Quest System - Not excited for this. It screams of secondary objectives and teammates/opponents throwing matches. I already have more than enough to do with the rift and the nearly worthless daily ritual system. The current tomes have become grindier than ever before, and BHVR recently even went backwards and started making old tome challenges more difficult to be in line with the new grindier tomes. I'll believe the 'more fun and less grind claim' when I see it for myself. Please prove me wrong.
Perk Loadouts & Preview - I have stated my opinion and suggestions on the lobby several times in this forum before. "It needs to die." Stop 'enhancing' it, PLEASE! When players queue up to join a match leave them on the queue up page until all match members are all found and then start the match. Get rid of the lobby, it's only use is abuse. If you aren't going to get rid of the lobby, for the love of God DO NOT show perk loadouts to all survivors. I don't want to have to wait hours because you decided it would be funny to require me to use No Mither in a build for a tome challenge and nobody wants to play with that.
I'd like to think that I am one of the players that are the reason these ideas are being implemented. I am a player that plays the bare minimum lately. I would love to play this game more, if it returned to a fun game to play. It currently is not fun for me, and no special game mode event will change that. For the past several years I used to play many times a week, but I barely completed the last tome, and I have no intention of working on the current one at all.
I hope you succeed, BHVR.
Comments