Bots in 2V8 and changes I want to see
While the ideal solution to the fix would be to up the incentive to play survivor to iri shards or like 500% bp. It seems BHVR isn't going to do that. If that is the case I need to see at minimum these 3 changes to the bots for me to not be frustrated. If you have any other frustrations not mentioned please comment them below as I'm curious what you've all experienced.
The AI Pathing: I had a match on RPD where I was hooked on the 2nd floor by the stars room in the corridor, I told my friends in vc to not come and unhook me as the bot was on its way. The bot gets to the staircase and stops, another survivor got hooked and is now down the corridor on the first floor. The bots AI gets confused at this and doesn't know who to prioritise and so it runs from the stairs to the other survivor, but then stops and runs to the stairs, and cycles this until another survivor unhooks the survivor in floor 1. This breaks the cycle and the AI unhooks me but by this point I've already hit stage 2 and feel miserable.
Yellow Herbs: I have played well into the double digit rounds of survivor now, I have genuinely not used a single yellow herb, I can only assume its the bots consuming them all as again me and my 3 friends are constantly wondering where they all are. Its possible that its the other players but when we have 4 in vc and 2 bots, that only leaves 2 other players for double digit games of none of us 4 using yellow herbs. The bots should either not prioritize them so the players themselves can last longer, after all, who cares if a bot dies.
AI Endgame: Who coded the bots to leave in endgame despite survivors being hooked? Surely you want your players to be accepting to the bots which you have implemented, so why make them so selfish? I would be so much more appreciative of bots if they threw their meaningless coded lives away to save me, an actual player. Instead they just open a gate and leave.
For me these are 3 must change things for me to begin to accept bots in this game-mode if this is the route that must be taken. I still believe that a better incentive is the solution however that's not what I'm here to discuss. If you have any thoughts or opinions please leave a message.
Comments