Should DBD have a story mode?
Dead by Daylight has slowly but surely developed functional AI for both survivor and killer roles. This begs the question. Would you play in a full bot match if Dead by Daylight had a single player story mode?
Positives:
- Allows players to “experience winning” a match against every killer in the game.
- Expands audience of Dead by Daylight to single player audiences seeking an authentic horror experience as it is a contained, controlled experience.
- Would allow for the developers to “teach” people how to play dead by daylight beyond the basic tutorial.
Comments
No, I don't think so, unless you go the Casting of Frank Stone (needs to be much better, though) route or do something with another genre, kinda like LoL did with Ruined King.
That's silly. Sorry.
That already basically exists
It's called The Casting of Frank Stone
Ew, no
I'll disagree with everyone else and say I think its a pretty good idea.
Is it worth the time investment on BHVR's part? That I don't know.
But if there was a story mode where you needed to play and escape some matches, then get some story segments, I'd be into it. A different way to communicate the lore.
ew yourself
Trying to get better at a game is silly? Yeah whatever