Does getting a 4k even mean anything anymore?

Like presuming you're not playing like Trapper or Myers or the literal bottom of the barrel killers does getting a 4k mean anything anymore? I haven't lost as killer in literally weeks and my soloQ games meanwhile are completely miserable and it just feels like to me the balance of DBD went from completely survivor sided with infinites and quick gens and insta-heals to killers not really having to work all that hard to get kills because maps are much smaller, there's generally speaking much fewer pallets on maps and survivor perks are generally much weaker now so you're relying on teammates that have barely any game sense.

I'm not asking to go back to how survivors were as recently as 2020 that was awful but the pendulum seems to have swung too far in the other direction and now I don't even really feel like I can be happy about going on such amazing winning streaks because they feel like they've practically been handed to me at this point. I've played probably around 35ish killer games this week and I've had to actually put in effort in maybe 2 or 3 of them? So I don't know what's going on idk if killer as a whole is just overtuned rn, all the good survivors stopped playing or if I'm better than I think (I think I'm very average personally) and a lot of killers that arn't me are actually struggling right now.

So I guess my question is to other killer players and I'm just asking how you're doing? Have your games been easy recently or does it feel like you still have to really put in effort to 3 or 4k?

Comments

  • @Yggleif said:

    Like presuming you're not playing like Trapper or Myers or the literal bottom of the barrel killers does getting a 4k mean anything anymore? I haven't lost as killer in literally weeks and my soloQ games meanwhile are completely miserable and it just feels like to me the balance of DBD went from completely survivor sided with infinites and quick gens and insta-heals to killers not really having to work all that hard to get kills because maps are much smaller, there's generally speaking much fewer pallets on maps and survivor perks are generally much weaker now so you're relying on teammates that have barely any game sense.

    I'm not asking to go back to how survivors were as recently as 2020 that was awful but the pendulum seems to have swung too far in the other direction and now I don't even really feel like I can be happy about going on such amazing winning streaks because they feel like they've practically been handed to me at this point. I've played probably around 35ish killer games this week and I've had to actually put in effort in maybe 2 or 3 of them? So I don't know what's going on idk if killer as a whole is just overtuned rn, all the good survivors stopped playing or if I'm better than I think (I think I'm very average personally) and a lot of killers that arn't me are actually struggling right now.

    So I guess my question is to other killer players and I'm just asking how you're doing? Have your games been easy recently or does it feel like you still have to really put in effort to 3 or 4k?

    I can tell you now that I get a 3k or 4k every 1 out of 4 games played. That just might be your thing. I am a P100 Deathslinger main on Switch and gen rushing is a huge problem still. Some games, I can't even get one hook before all of the gens pop...

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I've noticed that survivors have essentially stopped doing gens as of late. That goes for my survivor games and my killer games. There's almost always 1 or 2 survivors who won't do generators.

    The amount of slowdown a killer can stack means that all 4 survivors have to be efficient on gens and have decent chases. In one killer game in particular last night, I had 4 hooks before the first gen was completed. Players simply aren't doing anything. It's an epidemic at this point.

    As for why, well... It does feel pretty awful to work a 90 second gen through Pain Res+Grim+Surge+DMS for example. I think the slowdown stacking has to be addressed. 3 and 4 gen slowdowns is completely excessive.

    Grim DMS literally makes me just want to space out and just admire the flora and fauna of Toba

  • @BorisDDAA said:

    The matchmaking basically doesn't exist so the survivor team will get screwed over by one survivor who is not good. Usually this was not a problem back then because the maps had way more resources and "wasting time" aka not doing gens was less punishing. Anyway, only a 4 man swf that wants to win should challenge you. Everything else is fodder

    This

  • i wish i could verse some of the survivors that some of these killers are saying game is so easy for. every ######### game i verse bully squads or gen rushes. i actually hate playing killer because its so fking toxic.

1 2 ›