Crow spawns and Spies in the Shadows

Now that Spies in the Shadows is actually useful and people are actually running it I've come to notice that certain maps have way less crows than others. Variations of Coldwind Farms spawn very few crows while maps like Haddonfield have an absolutely absurd amount of crows to the point that you can track a Survivor's movements almost perfectly.
In addition certain props are far more prone to crows than others. On MacMillan Estate the large boulders and tall boxes attract crows like mad while shorter blocks almost never get crows.

I think the amount of props that attract crows need to be increased, and the average amount of crows per map needs to be standardized. That way the perk will be way more consistent instead of being map dependant like it is currently.

Comments

  • Just spread the crows evenly across the map and the perk will be good
  • I've noticed that maps that have alot of perimeter objects tend to have far less crows near the center. It feels like the map gets a ring around it where the perk becomes more useless the closer to the center you get.
  • I've made a similar thread if you check my profile.

    As stated, SOTS is still too niche too be even useful. It's works on like... 20% of the maps or less? Whispers overshadows (pun intended) it by a lot.

  • @DemonDaddy said:
    I've noticed that maps that have alot of perimeter objects tend to have far less crows near the center. It feels like the map gets a ring around it where the perk becomes more useless the closer to the center you get.

    That's what made me make this thread. I had a match on Coldwind Farm and Spies literally never went off because Crows apperantly don't spawn on that map.

  • I was pretty much under the impression that crows spawn around the outside of the map to help killers locate the "sneakier" survivors. Very rarely do I see crows near the center.
  • Spies In The Shadows received a great buff. Much more useful than its former self. And many of us can agree though the perk received a good buff, the usefulness of the perk varies from map to map.

    I will continue to use it here and there, but it would nearly be an insta-pick perk for me if it were more consistent across the map selection.

  • Still just a bandaid to overall lethargic crows with questionable placement