Chests are prioritized over killer powers.
Ok sorry redoing this in a more respectful manner because I was a bit rude before…sorry.
The video pretty much goes over in detail so I wanted to report this because I believe there to be a misunderstand or lapse of judgement on BHVRs part.
SUMMARY OF ISSUE
Basically killer powers, for example alien's tunnels, get blocked by chests. As a result on many maps like swamp the tunnel on main building is quite poor or non existent. This applies to a few killers.
WHY IT HAPPENS
Chest are spawned in BEFORE killer powers and use the same spawn points.
SOLUTION
Make them use different spawns OR swap the order/priority…pretty straightforward if I do say so.
I do believe this to be an issue and makes playing said killers quite poor in quality, especially during events that have chest related offerings. As such I do believe stating that this is "not a bug" is not the best judgement and perhaps there's a misunderstanding. If you have any questions do please reach out and I will try to explain and hopefully clear things up :)
Comments
Other killers objects are affected too. Like RE killers boxes, they love to spawn close to edge of the maps with too many chests or in total deadzones. Pig boxes same problem.
This should be fixed, it's even more surprising to me because I made a post about the tail of the juggernaut xenomorph being so big that you couldn't play the skin and even if it's not a bug but a design issue it was fixed 2 weeks later, this is a way bigger problem and it should be fixed
If chests and killer powers share the same spawn locations, removing chests wouldn't affect the overall distribution or chance of killer powers spawning in those locations.
Here’s why:
Please make a feedback thread if you want to discuss this topic. Bug Reporting is not the appropriate place for discussions. Thank you.