I'm sick of how bad killer balancing is

This is a rant but lately im getting really tilted when playing a variety of killers and how noticeable the difference in power levels they are. It's mainly coming off how weak chucky has become as i used to main him and so i started playing different killers and the difference in power levels across killers is so frustrating. I wish i could just play the killer characters i want to but there's no denying that dbd is truly a competitive game at this point and i don't want to play killers where all they can do is follow survivors around as they drop pallets and have no chance of killing them at all.

The devs have a clear bias when it comes to balancing as well. Notably, Blight, Nurse and Spirit are killers that even when they get nerfed they still stay at the top or even become stronger due to add-on reworks.

Meanwhile killers like Chucky and Skull Merchant will just get relentlessly nerfed.

Houndmaster for some reason also has a 3 second cooldown and 0.45 dog vault time. Yet Chucky's cooldown needs to be 14 seconds and isn't allowed manual scamper.

It seriously kills my motivation to play.

Comments

  • Chucky got a raw deal with his balance changes although he was also too strong before it. The other killers you’ve mentioned are quite oppressive as well but I think they’re left alone because BHVR likes to tier its killers. You can’t have too many high-tier killers though, you need some that are moderate or low—even though all of them have kill/win rates above average. Doesn’t explain why Chucky specifically dropped so low but I think that’s kinda how BHVR tries to balance and rebalance its killers.

  • @Ayodam said:

    Chucky got a raw deal with his balance changes although he was also too strong before it. The other killers you’ve mentioned are quite oppressive as well but I think they’re left alone because BHVR likes to tier its killers. You can’t have too many high-tier killers though, you need some that are moderate or low—even though all of them have kill/win rates above average. Doesn’t explain why Chucky specifically dropped so low but I think that’s kinda how BHVR tries to balance and rebalance its killers.

    I don't like it if so. It just means experienced players don't have a lot of choice of what killers to play. It highly encourages one tricking killers which i think is bad for the game