Basement in house of pain makes my game run at 5 fps

I have no way of explaining this or why it happens but whenever I go into the basement of this house my entire game starts chopping up it happens when turning my fov as killer if you stand still nothing happens but as soon as I start moving my fov left or right while moving forward it happens there’s other buildings that do this too but this is the main culprit. I play on series x so maybe it’s a console thing but I ain’t sure since everything else runs smoothly except for these specific buildings. Anyways i would love to hear if anyone else is running into this problem, it truly makes the game so game feel absolutely atrocious.

Comments

  • Don’t experience this one personally but I do have similar issues on different maps. Being outside of the wreckage on Nostromo tanks my FPS, for example.

  • Underground areas (house basements, the Badham Preschool basement) make my PS4's fans go into jet-engine mode. I often notice that there's more fog or more particle effects like fire and smoke in areas where the fans get loud (not always, some of those basements look pretty clear but the fans still get deafening). The game's performance is more likely to dip at those times.

    That's my personal experience, anyway.