My (Literal) Dream about Dead By Daylight

Didn't know whether or not to put this in the Creations Community discussions but since I feel like I didn't personally create anything I'm putting it here. I felt the need to offload my dream (I literally just woke up from) before I forget it and felt that posting to a forum for all to see would be a good idea (might also post this on reddit). It was an alternate reality of me playing Dead by Daylight with a friend in a 2v8 game mode.

The first thing I noticed was that it was a special version of the Crotus Prenn Asylum realm. The main building was a strange green house with a large tree centerpiece and small garden bubbles attached to the outer ring of this greenhouse.

A couple of mechanics surprised me while I was playing as they don't exist in current Dead By Daylight. First was a new mechanic for people who were downed that made recovery more engaging. As anyone who played survivor knows the only non-chase engagement their is are skill checks and that's precisely what I was given. a funny note of this alternate version of Dead By Daylight was that they didn't call Great skill check successes Greats but rather decided to tell me I hit a Godly skill check. I don't know if this was an implement to stop slugging as I was always picked up before even reaching 80% progress.

Another thing introduced to the 2v8 was that it included the DND Vecna chests in the game. They didn't seem to have a specific spawn location but were randomly scattered around the map and disappeared after opening. It gave a standard dice roll and depending on the roll it would give a random effect Void Crystal called by this version of the game "Smoke Crystal" (creative I know). These effects would stack on crystals as a player opened more chests. A couple of effects that occurred after shattering that I was able to see was: instantly heal 15%, Hide aura for 3 seconds, and walk 10% faster for 5 seconds.

Again I just felt like I wanted to post this strange dream I had regardless of whether or not anyone sees it. Who knows perhaps a Dev sees this and gets inspired by some of the content of this dream. I thank anyone who takes the time to see and read this; for humoring my whim to post a random dream I had. Also, My dream did not like me taking mental notes of the mechanics so in true DBD fashion it gave me an Information overload and had me get tunneled out by a Plague with Spirit sounds who could Vecna Fly.

Comments

  • I've dreamed about dbd several times lol

    The last one was a fusing between dbs and phasmophobia xD