Cancel bans for disconects until anticheat update release

I've got 2 games in a row when cheater killed us immediately and I didn't disconect but I've got a time out for some reason.

20241209064504_1.jpg 20241209064715_1.jpg

Comments

  • @AlexXHunter44 said:

    It sucks but you shouldn't be banned more than a couple minutes if you don't DC often.

    I'm pretty sure with no penalty people would just DC at the first bad chase on both sides, so it would just replace a problem with a bigger one....unfortunately.

    The problem is due to how the game detects AFK players. From what I've seen others say here, the survivors die so fast that the game thinks they were afk and penalized them

  • As others have said, pretty sure it's a problem with the way the game detects AFK players. If it is that which is causing the problem, then that is what should be disabled. Disabling the entire DC penalty has a horrible negative effect across the entire game.

    @BroRespectTheBoop said:

    Honestly they just need to set the DC penalty to 5-10 minutes and leave it at that.. it shouldnt continue to scale excessively.

    I could get behind that. 10 minutes adds up if someone disconnects a lot. I think in a lot of cases the scaling negatively affects players who suddenly and unexpectedly have problems, like their internet service becomes unusually spotty or they get cheaters a bunch of times in a short span. Spotty internet, hopefully waiting 10 minutes between matches would convince them to take a break and try again a different day. A bunch of cheaters in a short span, there's nothing the player can do about it, it's random and unpredictable, and it's extremely unfair on the person who's already having their matches ruined by a cheater.