The Trapper Changes

I think The Trapper is alright, he will never be a good Killer in the current game due to how fast paced it is, but he doesn't have to be, if you don't play him with the mindset of getting 4ks every match and don't get tilted very easily, he is quite chill to play.

However, even tho I think he doesn't have to be a "good" Killer to be good, some changes could be made to make him a bit smoother to play.

Carry Limit

I think there is no need for it, it only makes the gameplay clunkier, yet there is a very simple solution to this.

  • Start with a single Bear Trap (From 2 Bear Traps)
  • You can carry as many Bear Traps as you want (From 2 Bear Traps)
  • 9 Bear Traps spawn at the start of the Trial (from 8 Bear Traps)

Very simple changes, you still need to play the game of fetch at the start of the Trial, but once you do, you're no longer limited by the carry limit, which makes the overall gameplay much smoother without completely changing how the Trapper plays.

Mobility

Trapper doesn't have much mobility, he gets a little speed boost after placing a trap, but lets be honest, that's only a band-aid fix, he should have something a bit more themathic! I got inspired by the newly added Hound Master and her Search Path.

  • No longer get Haste bonus after placing or resetting a Bear Trap. (from 7.5% Haste bonus for 5 seconds)
  • While a Survivor is trapped, gain a 50% bonus movement speed while looking and walking towards them, if you are in a chase this won't trigger until the chase ends.

I think this would be way more unique to the Trapper, it would help to catch Survivors who are far away from you without it being a waste of time since you will be way more likely to catch them. It would also not feel unfair for the Survivor currently being chased, because this effect just won't trigger for them so they don't have to worry about the mistakes of their teammates.

Injured Survivors

Traps don't do much against injured Survivors, I think the Trapper would benefit from having the Lengthened Jaws base-kit, this add-on makes it so injured Survivors who escape a Bear Trap suffer from Deep Wounds, I think he deserves just a little bit of slowdown.

I think these changes would bring some indentity back to The Trapper! But what do you think?

Comments