Unhooking Interrupt
So, I know this is old news.
How do you interrupt grab someone unhooking if they are trying to mindgame you by rapidly cancelling the unhook animation?
It's really bullshit. I had a SWF swarming the hook. One behind me, two doing that unhooking cancel bullshit. I can't even down the person unhooked because of invincibility frames. It's utter horsecrap. I can't even leave the hook... there's three ######### people here.
Comments
So there's no way to counter this? If I remember correctly, they added an animation cancel to the unhook less than 6 patches ago?
You can, it's just really difficult. Try to predict when the person goes for a unhook. If you're lucky you could grab them. Otherwise, they become a one hit and have no chance of escape.
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh. This is why swf is so frustrating. Circling me like monkeys, doing the rapid unhook cancel, until I hit one and they either bodyblock, or use insta-medkit.
Old system, you couldn't do this crap. You had to commit to the unhook.
Typically I find the animation cancel does not show them lifting the survivor from the hook. Paying close attention and when they start lifting the survivor up and off, you can time it so they cannot cancel the animation and guaranteed a grab. It takes some practise but after a few tries you can get it down.
Otherwise just do what @JanTheMan suggested.
I have to add that once you grab the Survivor, drop them as quick as possible because the others will hook dive and unhook the other survivor if they are ready for the grab.
So basically, once the hooked survivor starts moving, go for the grab. Because by that point, they'll be locked into it and cannot cancel?
Yes, pretty much. Once you get the timing down you will have less issues with hook diving. As I said before, just be ready to drop the grabbed survivor asap because chances are another survivor is ready to hook dive right at the back of you. If you have any issues drop me a message and I'll share an example if I can find one.
Naw. I'm good. It's just it was obvious this swf had practiced mindgaming with their unhooks. They would alternate between who would try. It was sooooooooo annoying. Two of them had instaheals, so even if I had dropped one, they would've healed up.
Yep, welcome to playing with the "super elite p0wnzers" of the game. Oh yeah, btw, make sure to follow their rules such as this guy's
So they can continue to have fun at your expense
It was removed.
The devs implemented hook invulnerability and the new unhook animation while buffing BT to make hook rushing even more braindead easy.
Honestly, just switch to survivor, then you dont have to deal with this crap. Just make sure you have a few friends that back you up, and ez