-Psychology of Obsession Perks

So I never use D-Strike because I don't like crutch perks, and I never use any of the other Obsession perks because meh. So whenever I am the Obsession I know it's the Killer, my last match I knew the Killer had Rancor because of the Aura so when all the Gens were done this ######### David was trying to heal me and I was desperately pointing to the gate so he could open it and I could hide like a ######### until I could escape. Well David was an ahole and did not open the door and I got Morid, what I DIDN'T KNOW was that the Killer ALSO had Remember Me, ironically it would have been faster if I had opened the door but I ran because I knew I was probably going to die, if I had known he had Remember Me as well I would have been fine.

My point is there are so many Obsession perks it's difficult to know which one the Killer is using and you don't know how to counter it. I'm not complaining I'm just saying it's awesome and I love that I mindgamed myself into killing myself lol But I do wish we had more Obsession perks because it's one-sided, if the Survivor has an Obsession perk it's 99% D-Strike because Sole Survivor is eh and not as many use Object so there is no mindgame for Killers like the Survivor has. I know they're difficult to implement but I think it would be cool.

Comments

  • But I do wish we had more Obsession perks because it's one-sided, if the Survivor has an Obsession perk it's 99% D-Strike

    Yes please! You are completely right.

    I don't know how people would perceive it (probably negatively), but it could be possible to turn current perks like sprintburst into obsession perks to balance things out. Something as simple as increasing the exhaustion timer for non-obsessions etc.
    Since people don't like nerfs the safest way would just be to introduce them as new perks.

    Regardless new obsession perks are really needed!

  • @AlwaysInAGoodShape said:

    But I do wish we had more Obsession perks because it's one-sided, if the Survivor has an Obsession perk it's 99% D-Strike

    Yes please! You are completely right.

    I don't know how people would perceive it (probably negatively), but it could be possible to turn current perks like sprintburst into obsession perks to balance things out. Something as simple as increasing the exhaustion timer for non-obsessions etc.
    Since people don't like nerfs the safest way would just be to introduce them as new perks.

    Regardless new obsession perks are really needed!

    Ah thanks man, when I saw you reply I was thinking my idea is either absolute crap or perfect lol

    An Obsession based Sprint Burst wuld be cool tbh, it would go well with Play With Your Food.