How to deal with players DC

So I am direct opposite mindset of no/lower penalties. I would make them way harsher, but for that to be even possible, I think there needs to be several additional changes.

  • survivors who give up on hook gets replaced by bot and timer gets reseted to 40 seconds

kinda easy fix for inevitable, if you increase DC penalty

  • when a survivor DC with more than 3 gens left (4/5), then everyone else is free to DC and keep their BP

mostly no reason to continue and is simply boring for everyone

  • create "give up" system for specific situations where DC is justified, survivor gets replaced by a bot
    • 25 minutes or longer game → anyone can DC
    • in dying state for 60 seconds straight (counter is not interrupted by killer pick up) → survivor can DC
    • gates are powered for more than 5 minutes and not opened → killer can DC
    • no gen was progressed for 5 minutes → killer can DC

basically to prevent situation of toxic/annoying actions in general. This would also fix cheaters holding players hostage.
I am sure numbers could be changed and maybe some additional triggers.


I think with those changes we could increase DC penalty quite a lot to prevent rage quits, or punish them properly at least.

Comments