So we saw the long survivor screams for the first time in the Stranger Things DLC and ever since dissapeared until the Tools of Torment chapter..
Personally I'm a big fan of long, natural survivor hook screams.
What do you think? Bring back the longer screams or leave it as it is now?
Absolutely not. The volume of the hook screams as of right now are already too loud. My in-game volume is perfect for everything besides the hook screaming. I always press esc when I get hooked so I don't have to hear it. It makes my ears bleed. I honestly wish there was a button that just disabled hook screaming sounds. It's terrible.
Anything beyond 2.8s is way too much. While it may be natural, it's grating.
The natural thing would be for all survivors to be constantly screeching in guttural agony at all times - visceral horror and yelps of death squeezing from their lungs with all the might a human body can muster.
But this is a game.
There's a reason voice actors give comical 'Off ouch ah!' audio when they are immolated in other games - because being doused in liquid flame produces nightmare fuel screams - and that's not why we're here.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Absolutely not. The volume of the hook screams as of right now are already too loud. My in-game volume is perfect for everything besides the hook screaming. I always press esc when I get hooked so I don't have to hear it. It makes my ears bleed. I honestly wish there was a button that just disabled hook screaming sounds. It's terrible.
It was an interesting change, but I'm glad they reduced the length, because it could be distracting, as well as a little irritating.
Sure, it's not the worst thing they've done. However, I'm not sure I'd be keen on it returning.
Anything beyond 2.8s is way too much. While it may be natural, it's grating.
The natural thing would be for all survivors to be constantly screeching in guttural agony at all times - visceral horror and yelps of death squeezing from their lungs with all the might a human body can muster.
But this is a game.
There's a reason voice actors give comical 'Off ouch ah!' audio when they are immolated in other games - because being doused in liquid flame produces nightmare fuel screams - and that's not why we're here.