Good Game
What are the good matches of dead by daylight looking like?
some killers dont enjoy long chases, lets say after 60seconds the survivor standpoint could be sitting on a hook for that length of time, feel wise? does understanding beginning, middle, endgame change for some killers who gain higher hookrate/killrate? a long chase beginning game could change midgame 3-1gen, and endgame 0 gens. There are frustrating games but what makes a goodgame?
Comments
"Good matches of Dead by Daylight"
You see there's your problem
Good matches of DBD?
Definitely those trials that could only happen in the past when killers would prioritize their BBQ stacks over actually killing survivors and Ruin prevented the generators from being rushed.
Not every game was like that, of course, but when they happened they were amazing. The game wasn't fast-paced, everyone had time to do the stuff they wanted to do and that is how it should be.
Peak Dead by Daylight.
I don't think there are any certain element, as much as the overall match. Basically, deep into the match both sides should feel like the had a chance. If the killer wins with only two gens finished, or the survivors get without even a survivor on death hook, it's not very fun.
A good game should get at least four gens done, but at that point the survivors should also be feeling a lot of pressure that they don't have much time to actually finish that final gen.
I do enjoy a close game for both sides. One sided trials are rarely fun.
As Survivor, it's those last second escapes through hatch or gate that get the blood pumping the most. Or if I actually looped well, (which happens once in a blue moon) or I managed to get my silly little Dwight Locker build to work, that's a good game too. So long as the Killer isn't using all the strats difficult for Solo Q to counter, sweating to take advantage of every little mistake and blowing up the one gen with any progress three times with pain res, we are chilling. Lots of Killers come expecting to sweat and it's total over kill against a lot of Survivor teams.
As Killer, it depends on who I'm playing as. If I get at least one 5th hit down in a Legion match, that's a good game. If I can do some fun curves or chainsaw down someone while drifting around the map, or be a sneaky sneak as Myers and pull people off gens, those are good games too. The fun comes more from winning the mind games or using my powers in a fun way than it does from Killing everyone.
I had a match like that yesterday.
At first I thought it was going to be sweaty because one of the survivors used an Ichorous Loam offering. But surprisingly the match was pretty chill. I spread hooks, the survivors got some saves, a couple chases. I even got to use the finisher mori!
Overall I think everyone had fun! This is closer to what DBD should be, imho.
When I'm outplaying the most scariest 12k hours sweat-lord. Don't care if I "won" in the match or not.