Game crashing apparently because of a character

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: Game crashing

PLATFORM: PC Steam

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED: tried loading into a match as Claudette then my game crashed. Has happened A LOT of times now. And yes I have send the crash reports.

Video showing it happening: https://youtu.be/ZZ8tXGt7JuM

PLAYER LOGS: I play on Geforce Now so i can't access the game files

UPDATE: Apperently is Lara Croft that crash the game.

Dead by Daylight 2024.10.11 - 14.43.49.01(2).png Dead by Daylight 2024.10.11 - 15.10.53.00(2).png
Tagged: Declined

Comments

  • same problem
    but bhvr mark as  technical issue and doesn't give any help

  • I had the same/similar issue.
    I was playing as Legion a few hours after the tome went live and played without any problems. Then, at night, I played again but change the outfit (default Frank's outfit but with prestige weapon) and the game crashed while loading the game/map. It happened twice, in both times there was a Soma Cruz character. The third time I changed to the one used before (the Dropout Frank) and played without problems (no Soma Cruz in the lobby).

    (Not related: In that 3rd match my game closed because of a connection issue. I play on Geforce Now too.)

  • Same problem.. I play with GFN, EU central server, I keep crashing no matter which characters other players are using..

    I play only surv, if i use Lara Croft, the game keep crasing, trying another character the game don't crash.

  • @Trakengs @Stugots
    Since you both play on GFN too, could you try what I did in the video? (Only if you own Trevor Belmont)
    Steps:
    1- Select Trevor as survivor.
    2- Go to killer lobby.
    3- Open the killer select menu.
    4- Scroll between killers.
    5- Close the killer select menu.

    I tried it with other survivor instead of Trevor and the game doesn't crash but still crashes while loading a match.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSrE1e4KnfM

    I verified the integrity of game files, but the game still crashes. I will send a ticket to GFN just in case (but I believe is a problem with the game as well).

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jedZ7gxSybQ
  • @rowlent said:

    @Trakengs @Stugots
    Since you both play on GFN too, could you try what I did in the video? (Only if you own Trevor Belmont)
    Steps:
    1- Select Trevor as survivor.
    2- Go to killer lobby.
    3- Open the killer select menu.
    4- Scroll between killers.
    5- Close the killer select menu.

    I tried it with other survivor instead of Trevor and the game doesn't crash but still crashes while loading a match.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSrE1e4KnfM

    I verified the integrity of game files, but the game still crashes. I will send a ticket to GFN just in case (but I believe is a problem with the game as well).

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jedZ7gxSybQ

    And this is the crash report:

    Fatal error: [File:D:\Jenkins\Fudge_REL\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\Serialization\AsyncLoading2.cpp] [Line: 1648]
    ObjectSerializationError: /S44/Blueprints/Actors/BP_CamperMale22_Character (0x29C049C609F49FDA) /S44/Blueprints/Actors/BP_CamperMale22_Character (0x29C049C609F49FDA) - BP_CamperMale22_Character_C /S44/Blueprints/Actors/BP_CamperMale22_Character.Default__BP_CamperMale22_Character_C: Bad export index 4980735/95.

    0x00007ff7aaac023e DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff7aaab7671 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff7aabb949c DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff7aaae2b14 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff7aaadfed8 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff7acad4043 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff7aaabb3e7 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff7aaabc72b DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff7aaabd657 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff7aaac3483 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff7aaac6e27 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff7aaa34d27 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff7aaa2ed01 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff9a3a6257d KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff9a522af28 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []

    Crash in runnable thread FAsyncLoadingThread

  • @rowlent said:

    @Trakengs @Stugots
    Since you both play on GFN too, could you try what I did in the video? (Only if you own Trevor Belmont)
    Steps:
    1- Select Trevor as survivor.
    2- Go to killer lobby.
    3- Open the killer select menu.
    4- Scroll between killers.
    5- Close the killer select menu.

    I tried it with other survivor instead of Trevor and the game doesn't crash but still crashes while loading a match.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSrE1e4KnfM

    I verified the integrity of game files, but the game still crashes. I will send a ticket to GFN just in case (but I believe is a problem with the game as well).

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jedZ7gxSybQ

    WOW your case is even worse! just scrolling trough killer crashes. i dont have trevor so i can't really test this.

    lets just hope BH see this and fix it