Skull merchant Fast vault question

it no longer scans by fast vaults, does this mean a survivor can dodge a beam by vaulting? If so I don’t think it’s as bad of a change as people are thinking, if you position a from correctly you have a remote control that forces a fast vault. I just wanna clarify if I got it right

Comments

  • @GeneralSkien said:

    it no longer scans by fast vaults, does this mean a survivor can dodge a beam by vaulting? If so I don’t think it’s as bad of a change as people are thinking, if you position a from correctly you have a remote control that forces a fast vault. I just wanna clarify if I got it right

    Yes but the SM can also counter it by rotating it back, meaning if you try to fast vault again you might even vault back into her. Its some nice back and forth in theory.

    We will have to wait and see, but my guess its once of those counterplays that will never get utilised and people forget.

  • @GroßusSchmiedus said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/428818/skull-merchant-fast-vault-question

    Yes but the SM can also counter it by rotating it back, meaning if you try to fast vault again you might even vault back into her. Its some nice back and forth in theory.

    We will have to wait and see, but my guess its once of those counterplays that will never get utilised and people forget.

    Doesn't really work when I just crouch/not move after fast vault, right?
    I can just keep waiting next to a pallet (safe pallet) and spam fast vault when she gets nearby. She can only kick the pallet, so basically Clown.

  • The most impactful part of this change is when a safe pallet is dropped, she can't just rotate the drone back and forth at pallet while walking over to the other side, forcing the survivor to vault and get scanned, or stay and get hit. So now there's a lot more counterplay in chase with her.

    Hopefully survivors understand what the white scanline means when they can vault without being scanned, so they don't panic and start running and get scanned anyway on a safe pallet.