2.5.0 Gameplay predictions

Survivor main, 2000hrs here. I know you guys love to have that info.
Like with most major patches, there will probably be a change in gameplay, for both killer and survivor. I am tempted to make some predictions.
I see a lot of people talking about Self-Care and Surveillance. I doubt they will have any impact on the game.
I predict that the most impact will be caused by the hook placements. This is a huge change. Here's what I think will happen:

  • Sabo will make a comeback
  • Increase in body blocking
  • DS actually becomes an op perk now if used by all the survivors, since it's very hard to counter the non-obsession DS.
  • Deerstalker nurse and billy will make a comeback at rank 1 (slug builds), which will probably lead to more disconnects.
  • Killers will have to sacrifice 1 slot for hooking (hangman's, iron grasp, agitation)
  • More No Mither and Unbreakable

I am happy, since this will bring more variations in the gameplay and make it less boring and more fun, however on the killer side, they'll have to adapt and use the right perks and strategy, otherwise they will become very frustrated. I remember the sabo squads and how frustrating it was for killers when hooks didn't respawn and they had Deerstalker, Nurse's Calling, Iron Grasp, Agitation builds. Slugging worked great back than, good killers still won, just unfun for both sides. Sure, sabo will be nowhere near as effective as it was back than, but definitely viable now. I am curious how this will play out. Here's hoping it will be fun for everyone.

Comments

  • The sabo-meta made the game so unfun. I'd hate to see it come back.

  • This content has been removed.
  • I didn't play the PTB but if Hooks are going to be that bad I'd hate that. I already need Ruin to try slow down the game I don't want to be forced to waste another perk slot in order to get to a hook. DS Is going to be even stronger now, everyone's going to be running it. :unamused:

  • @se05239 said:
    The sabo-meta made the game so unfun. I'd hate to see it come back.

    Sabo meta can never happen on that level again. Hangmans trick exists.

    If it comes to that point every killer will run it. Running into too muchHangmans will cause people to stop sabo as well.

  • @Bongbingbing said:
    I didn't play the PTB but if Hooks are going to be that bad I'd hate that. I already need Ruin to try slow down the game I don't want to be forced to waste another perk slot in order to get to a hook. DS Is going to be even stronger now, everyone's going to be running it. :unamused:

    Iron Grasp/Agitation/Hangmans Trick and Mad Grit will all be useful options at least. They're pretty damn useless at the moment.

  • i like the changes of 2.5.0 it makes more survivors trying to help the others

  • @Bbbrian2013 said:

    @se05239 said:
    The sabo-meta made the game so unfun. I'd hate to see it come back.

    Sabo meta can never happen on that level again. Hangmans trick exists.

    If it comes to that point every killer will run it. Running into too muchHangmans will cause people to stop sabo as well.

    Not like before, of course, but 99% the hooks will suddenly become very attractive because of how effective it will be. WalterWh1te made a good point, saying it will take too much time away from gens. However, I think with the 2 new counters for bbq and chilli, which triggered gen rushing and looping in the first place, maybe survivors will be more relaxed now. We'll see how it goes.

  • @se05239 said:
    The sabo-meta made the game so unfun. I'd hate to see it come back.

    I liked it tbh, it usually resulted in some really tense games.
    but nowadays devs made it THREE TIMES easier to pick someone up, so....

  • BBQ did trigger genrush and looping, maade my day.
  • Sabo meta is one of the worst game designs ever. You are forced to slug as killer, so you can't do your objective properly and you sit on your belly as survivor and wait for minutes doing nothing. Yaaaay, so much fun...
  • @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Sabo meta is one of the worst game designs ever. You are forced to slug as killer, so you can't do your objective properly and you sit on your belly as survivor and wait for minutes doing nothing. Yaaaay, so much fun...

    Been said, it won't be like before. You'll probably get the occasional sabo'er from time to time vs solo survivors and the occasional swf sabo squads. But the hooks will respawn, you won't have to slug them to death.

  • Sinner said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Sabo meta is one of the worst game designs ever. You are forced to slug as killer, so you can't do your objective properly and you sit on your belly as survivor and wait for minutes doing nothing. Yaaaay, so much fun...

    Been said, it won't be like before. You'll probably get the occasional sabo'er from time to time vs solo survivors and the occasional swf sabo squads. But the hooks will respawn, you won't have to slug them to death.

    Yeah, I just have to slug them for nearly 2 minutes for hook re-spawns right ?? By that time gens pop. Or I leave that slug and patrol gens. But then the slug gets ez picked up. Sabo is a stupid design. 
  • Every forgotten mechanic or strategy should be made viable again: this game requires variability and longevity.

    About the 2.5.0 changes, I'm waiting for tomorrow, to enjoy them: I'll say my opinions about them only after a good experience with this upgrade.
  • Honestly, I dont feel hook placement changes will change anything. It just makes hook offerings work in a more different way.