New Singleplayer game in dbd?

No spoilers please!

What could be included?

For each chapter a story dlc where you can play as killer and survivor in their different times.

The stories are written but there could be alternate versions.

Comments

  • Seems like a lot of work for something that will see less than 1% of screen time, would that really be worth the effort?

  • @Emeal said:

    Seems like a lot of work for something that will see less than 1% of screen time, would that really be worth the effort?

    What do you mean with 1% screen time?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3803863#Comment_3803863

    He probably means that just a small portion of the game with a small setting introducing the characters to their lives before they get trapped in the fog will make up 1% of what you'll see; adding 1% for each character at the end will make a very large portion.

    Not the whole story just a rushed version. I think that it's a bad idea. But it would be nice, too. I don't know.

    Would prefer to play some events instead reading it.

  • It means, of all the screen time in the game. How much of it will be used up on your proposed ideas?

    Its actually just a question of costs vs. profit,
    how much would it cost to make, vs how much does the game and community profit from this?

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3803863#Comment_3803863

    It means, of all the screen time in the game. How much of it will be used up on your proposed ideas?

    Its actually just a question of costs vs. profit,
    how much would it cost to make, vs how much does the game and community profit from this?

    Yeah, i have no idea from costs. I could imagine a continuation or sequel of the actual game but you're getting flashbacks by touching an item or somehow watch fragments of the original character storys and how they came together. Which relations are between survivors. I think there is still a lot stuff to tell.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3803886#Comment_3803886

    I imagine there will be a character voiceover or maybe an outside narrator. Telling a story with 3D elements can be expensive, so a few comics with a voiceover to deepen the story in the more complex parts could be a great thing. 1% 3D narration may not seem like a lot, but it really is for DBD, considering how many characters there are.

    Not really a fan from the comics, tbh. But there would be not one game for all original character just one dlc by one to bring the stories to the player.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3804404#Comment_3804404

    I don’t work at BHVR. However, if I were to create the single-player mode, I would take a location for each character and provide more background on them with props. I would include voice acting to understand what the character is thinking and to get to know them better until they are enveloped by the fog. All of this would be in a 3D environment where you can explore. Then, we would need to create the gameplay parts where you enter the fog for the first time. This should be done for each original BHVR character. It won’t be an easy task, but I would set up the game this way, with each character being like a small episode that presents one or more challenges.

    I understand that comics can be boring, but to avoid creating too many 3D locations and increasing costs too much, it would be an acceptable solution. Additionally, they have many opportunities for profit. They could release the game with the base characters and then charge for each character’s episode, expanding the content over time. They could include game modes with AI, cosmetic collections, and whatever else they want. It would be wonderful if they did this. I don’t think it would be very difficult for BHVR to create a decent script for each character.

    What? Youre not working for BHVR? Ok, bye 🙂

    Thought about a story where you play as survivor and find more and more items that are giving you flashbacks about the original survivor or killer. You recognize that something becoming strange in your own life, too and you get slowly sucked into this world while the flashbacks and dreams intensify.

    I prefer expressions to know what the character is thinking. That always throws me out of a story. But I like after the characters reading a text that they are showing reactions and commenting it.

    Yeah, time and money there is always too less of them. 😔

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3804462#Comment_3804462

    For me, if they add bots and cosmetic collections in DLC and create a challenging AI, they could implement any single-player mode they want. As long as I have the classic mode with bots, I would already be satisfied. They should work on the single-player narrative as they see fit. An episodic system seems like the best option, but it’s not that simple. Perhaps it would be better to create a new story that delves into the Entity and the world of DBD, with new characters, and then add bonus content that involves all the characters created by BHVR. It would be a grand edition.

    I'm sure that the killer AI is coming. It would be nice for beginners to explore the game.