Lights Out and sound design.
I adored the Lights Out game mode and played it non-stop when it came out and have eagerly awaited its return. But I do have to point out a flaw with the game mode and how it relates to the killers audio.
Some killers are silent and make no sound like Ghostface or Myers. This is fine because they're designed to do that. Which was an advantage of playing a stealth killer. Others like Huntress are also silent because all her audio is in the lullaby so she could walk up and get gen grabs while also having a ranged attack which felt bad to play against every time.
And on the other end of the spectrum are killers like Dredge and THE NEMESIS which are so loud you can consistently hear them coming before they enter the visible distance making it extremely easy to avoid them the entire match.
I feel this problem really hurts the game mode to have some killers become unplayable due to their sound design where as others get to be obnoxiously overpowered. I sincerely suggest that the game mode needs some kind of adjustment to the audio of killers so that loud killers aren't heard before they're seen and non-stealth killers aren't impossible to hear.
Comments
I feel you are right. I loved Lights Out too but it definitely has issues.
I have a similar issue with some Killers having no info and others having all the info. Skull Merchant and Legion were easy mode in this mode but Wraith gets nothing and thus struggles.
Dredge just got fixed and killers like Nemesis or Singularity are meant to have loud proximity noise because they arent meant to be able to sneak upon people.
Plus that's the case where competitive disadvantage is something devs have to deal with so that the character gets more flavour and that's completely fine.