Steam related FPS/Stutter improvement

Hello, just a little bit of help for my fellow Steam players, if you are having FPS issues or Stutters, you might wanna try adding -NOTEXTURESTREAMING to the launch commands of Dead By Daylight

I found out that this command improved the fluidity of my game considerably, especially in situations where I kick gens, hook survivors or smack pallets

Game runs much smoother now

Comments

  • @I_mean_yeah said:

    Hello, just a little bit of help for my fellow Steam players, if you are having FPS issues or Stutters, you might wanna try adding -NOTEXTURESTREAMING to the launch commands of Dead By Daylight

    I found out that this command improved the fluidity of my game considerably, especially in situations where I kick gens, hook survivors or smack pallets

    Game runs much smoother now

    thanks for the heads up - I haven’t had any issues but I’ll bear this in mind if I ever do. Are there any drawbacks to this? (Is there a graphical or aesthetic drop/downgrade?)

  • @For_The_People said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/423916/steam-related-fps-stutter-improvement

    thanks for the heads up - I haven’t had any issues but I’ll bear this in mind if I ever do. Are there any drawbacks to this? (Is there a graphical or aesthetic drop/downgrade?)

    Other than the menu lagging for a second whenever a player joins, or when you switch killers, no.

    But i prefer the menu to be lagging for 1-2 seconds before every game than the actual game to be stuttering when i'm about to get a hit or when I break a pallet