Anyone else noticing a lot of rage quitting lately?

For context, I've been recording various stats about my games to use the data in personal projects. In this case, I have 138 games worth of solo queue data for the 1v4 mode that I'm gradually adding onto as I play.

Out of the 138 games I recorded, 30 of them have had at least one afk or rage quit occur, with 28 being rage quits (people who intentionally die on hook or otherwise DC). That's 21.7% of the games being ruined by people refusing to play the game. In other words, slightly more than 1 in 5 games will be plagued by someone refusing to play - that's crazy to me!

For comparison purposes, a game like League of Legends apparently only has an afk/DC in 3% of all games, and they have twice the number of players per game!

Maybe as a former LoL player I'm spoiled by this? Maybe it's unfair to compare them?

I don't know, but has anyone else noticed such a large number of rage quitting lately? Is anyone else bothered by it? More importantly, does anyone know if there are initiatives in place to improve game quality in the future?

—

Then again, maybe I have just been very unlucky in my games to experience this.
I'm really curious what the official rage quit rate might be across all games right now.

—

Edit:
I played one game after typing this, and it had a Lara afking in a locker in RPD until 3 crows were around their head. They got picked up out of a locker, and immediately DC'd. So far that's 4 games with a rage quit in a row. It just feels so bad.

Comments

  • I see suiciding on hook way too much it really should be addressed . That being said Ive found myself accepting it and doing the same anytime i see a skull merchant. Ive really tried to give her a fair go but a majority of her playerbase has forced bled me out and humped me for just playing normally or looping them too long

  • I agree suicide on hook should be addressed. Maybe make it so Survivors cannot attempt to self-unhook without Slippery Meat, and they can't unhook themselves at all unless they have Wicked or Deliverance? I don't see why we need self-unhook attempts anymore anyway, especially if THIS is how they're being used. If they really want out force hem to stand their boring selves under the hook and show the team what kind of player they really are.

  • I’ve been seeing so many survivors rage quit lately, I can’t imagine ever wanting to be friends with people that constantly quit in a video game.

1 2 ›