MMR should be reworked
MMR at this point is worst than having no mmr at all. its just a indictator of who long youve played this month rather then skill itself, all my my matches at iri one are split between the most sweaty teammates and killers or having one noob teammare and a baby killer, who probably is rocking noed. And since depipping isnt a thing anymore the poor baby survivor’s will be forced to lose almost every match, and baby killers will be rocking noed for even a chance at a 1k, Having no system at all would be better so there wouldnt be 5k hours players and 12 hour ones mixed together exclusively every match.
Comments
Grade and MMR have no correlation whatsoever.
MMR is hidden and is used to (try) to pair you up with opponents of similar skill and experience. However to make queue times bearable it will broaden it's search the longer you wait. MMR doesn't reset (although it does go down if you stop playing for an extended period of time).
Grade is indeed just an indicator of playtime (although pipping in Iri rank does require decent performance) that is mostly used to get a monthly boost of BP. Depipping was removed partly because Survivors getting tunnelled at 5 gens always depipped and this was fairly common.
I do agree the MMR system needs a rework or looking at badly, and I prefer the modes and modifiers where MMR is neither gained nor lost because I like the swinginess, but overall I think for the game it should stay SOMEWHAT. I just wanna see gain and loss be normalized so it's not so easy to boost yourself unintentionally as Killer, OR become trapped in low MMR hell as Survivor with teammates that don't know how to play effectively, taking you down with them.