Why not give killers more reasons to not camp?
Increasing the hook timer just incentivises the survivors to mismanage gens, gens B4 friends, greed, and play badly.
Why not give killers more incentive to leave the hook?
Buffing chase perks like brutal or fire up so killers feel more confident they can get downs away from the hook.
Nerfing reset perks such as we'll make it and resurgence so the unhooked survivor doesnt get an instant free health state.
Buffing tracking perks like BBQ to help killers find people after hooking.
Buffing healthy slowdown that incentivises killers to leave hooks, such as CoB, pop, oppression, overcharge, while nerfing or reworking unhealthy ones like deadlock and merciless.
Buffing other playstyles through perks. Sloppy, stbfl, and rapid being buffed could help incentivise different playstyles.
Basekit corrupt so killers dont feel the need to hard tunnel after 3 gens pop in their first chase.
Survivor is already easy enough as is so I don't think the added 10s is necessary. Just makes survivor take less skill instead of encouraging people to learn.
Comments
I think because its already been determined that Killers have plenty enough incentive to not camp:
The most common reasons I have seen a Killer switch to Camping is:
Buffing Killer perks wont unsee a Survivor caught in poor positioning. It will just make it worse.
I think bHVR is making the right moves by giving Survivors 10 more seconds in hook phases, it will put extra pressure on Camping Strategies. But a much better effect would be if the Survivor Community could teach themselves to detect the strategies they do to enable Camping or Tunneling. It certainly would not solve Camping completely, but I think bHVR is pretty okay with there being things the Survivors can do that gives the Killer advantage. So a solution should come with both sides taking a critical eye to their playstyle.