Simple idea for (possibly) better 2v8 queues

This is probably not the best idea, just a shot in the dark..

Perhaps to give more incentive for people to play survivor you could give them something like "killer tokens"… for every game played as survivor you get a certain amount of tokens and these tokens are used to reduce queue times for killers (faster queues).

Comments

  • No doubt the queue times are terrible, and the most obvious reason is because people can finally queue up with a friend as Killers. I don't think tokens to reduce queue times will grant us more Survivors, which is what we really need and which would shorten queue times. The suggestion in itself reflects how playing Killer is the reward, while Survivor is the chore, and I think what we see is due to not enough inherent incentive to play Survivor in this mode and I think except for the exclusive KWF part, this is due to lack of core altruistic elements that many play Survivors for, like flashlight saves and pallet saves that was stripped in this mode when Killers stomp instead of pickup up Survivors to hook.

    I agree with Paige who suggested the remote hooks from the anniversary event for Killers in exchange for more gens to repair, the cage system could remain the same, so Killers don't have to move to a hook. This would open up for altruism for Survivors, more dynamics and counter-play on both sides, Killers might need to back each other up to secure hooks while Survivors need to sacrifice time to try to save, and generally fill some of the major gaps that 2v8 currently hold.

    I am a heavy Killer main (bought the game to play Killer), and as much as I hate being flashlighted and palletdropped when I have finally gotten that pesky Survivor, I realize that this is a core mechanic of counter-play between Survivors and Killers. It is designed as part of the balance of the game, and without it, we will have less balance, and as a result, less Survivors, which is the opposite of what we want as Killers.