2v8 tweaks
Survivors:
- Basekit Kindred. Can see all other Survivors when in cage and reveals Killers' aura when close (either 8/12/16 meters). Survivors will more easily know when to go for save or not.
- 4th skill is gradually unlocked with each cage phase. Uncaged: can fully recover on your own (counters slugging pre-cage). 2nd cage: self-heal. Death cage: Haste and Endurance upon healing yourself to at least 25% progress.
- First chest gives guaranteed item of their class: medkit for Medic, toolbox for Guide, flashlight for Escapist (don't think Map is in this mode, so maybe firecracker or increased chest searching speed for Scout).
- Make This Is Not Happening basekit for Survivors in 2v8.
Killers:
- Make Killers apply a Difficult Skill Check when they kick a gen within 16 meters of one another.
- Yellow Mori for Killers when there is only one Survivor left (they can't escape from cage anyway).
Both sides:
I agree with @Paige who mentioned this:
Add more gens to repair for Survivors and use the anniversary remote hook for Killers, this opens up for flashlight and pallet saves, creating more dynamics for both Survivors and Killers to counter each other and keeping the core altruistic mechanics that many play Survivor for. Otherwise keeping the current cage system.
QOL:
- In post game screen, have the Killers run next to each other.
- In lobby, show allied Killer on the left side, mirrored from you, with all 8 Survivors shown all together around the bonfire. Basically the same as shown in the 2v8 showcase.
Comments
Maps are kind of useless in this game mode, maybe give Scouts a firecracker/flashbang instead?
And I really don’t know about item recharge if only due to the potential of toolbox gen rushing.
One thing I wish we had in this mode is some kind of Kindred equivalent. I hate not knowing if teammates are going for saves…
I agree, I will add it into the post.