Can BHVR take notes from CD Project Red?

I want to preface this by saying that I love DBD. I appreciate the insane amount of work the Devs put in. I can't imagine how much work it is, how time-consuming, and how stressful it might be.

That being said, can't BHVR please take a note from CDPR (who are infamous for having one the buggiest launches ever, BUT ended up winning back consumers' trust by tirelessly working on fixing things nonstop BEFORE bringing out new content)?

Can't BHVR instead of constantly bringing out new content and changing things that are working perfectly already, do a massive health update and try to win back the trust of your (longtime)gamers AND buyers as well? And I don't mean the Devs themselves, I'm sure that they're not the ones constantly pushing for more things, but those in the company who make the final decisions and are more focused on revenue. In the long run, you will have more revenue by having a game that actually FUNCTIONS.

The amount of bugs with the latest patches has been too much, frankly, it's ridiculous and embarrassing. For a game that has been around for 8+ years, it is odd and noteworthy how every single patch is like you guys are mopping whilst you've left the tap running. It's a tactic that just isn't working. Can you please DELIVER on fixing the game and do QOL changes without breaking things and creating more bugs?

I understand that it is time consuming and not something that can be fixed in the blink of an eye, hence why I'm putting this feedback forth, maybe push the release of 1 chapter off for once, and instead do a massive patch of fixing bugs, doing QOL changes, and TEST those before it goes live.

I know that new content = new consumers = maybe more revenue, but what good are those new consumers if they don't stick around because of the newest bugs (which has become a running joke within the community by now) plus it just adds more to your overall player base's frustration and I'm very sure to your own eventually.

New players aren't the ones who spend money on Skins, new players aren't the ones who stick around for the upcoming chapters or stick around because of some of the insane licenses you guys have. It's the gamers who have been around for a while, who have put in a LOT of hours and time into your game (whom I'm sure will buy more Feng Min or Sable skins) those are the people who will stick around when the game functions.

TLDR: please consider doing one massive health update, fix things, and test them. Instead of hotfix after hotfix after every PTB, every live release, and every chapter. Thanks and take care.

Comments