Balancing and Issues
This will be my first post in years and likely the last post I will write.
I am a player who purchased the game in 2018 and played consistently until the release of The Blight.
For those unaware, I have endured numerous issues caused by the developers, from item reworks to keys, along with all the bugs and broken perks.
I am writing this post because I would like to understand and get some answers, even though I am sure it will end up in oblivion like the hundreds of posts written without receiving a response from a developer.
I want to clarify that I am neither on the killer's side nor the survivor's side; I am simply an experienced player who wishes to enjoy the game.
A month ago, I resumed playing after a 4-year hiatus and noticed many positive changes.
However, the main issues with the game remain.
I don't want to write excessively, but I would like to address the real and significant problems that have plagued the game for years. These issues include:
- Lack of a Secondary Objective: Besides repairing generators or unhooking survivors, the gameplay becomes repetitive.
- Solo Queue: The experience can be frustrating and unbalanced.
- SWF (Survive With Friends): The imbalance created by coordinated groups.
- Maps: Issues with map design and balance.
- Hitboxes: Inconsistent hit detection.
- Unbalanced Killers: Some killers are either too strong or too weak.
- Balancing for High MMR Players: Lack of proper balance at higher skill levels.
- Game Modes: Although this issue seems to be getting addressed.
- Matchmaking: Persistent problems with the matchmaking system.
My question is very simple and directed to the developers: Why, despite the years that have passed, do we still encounter the same problems? Why aren't they resolved? Are you unable to fix them? Do you not want to solve them? Are you unaware of their existence?
If you continue reading, there are other secondary but equally significant issues, such as:
- Perks: Some perks are unbalanced or ineffective.
- Toxicity: The toxic behavior within the community.
- Lack of Adequate Rewards: Insufficient rewards for skilled players.
These are additional problems that could be mentioned or added by others if they wish.
I won't discuss potential solutions because I believe it is up to the developers to implement the necessary changes.
Comments
It's a live service game. Most of that stuff is either being iterated on, not a problem or is just unfixable. Like "toxicity". What even is that, objectively? Do you expect BHVR to preemptively ban people that might be rude to you? It doesn't have a solution because it's a human thing and humans are gonna do human stuff.