Dedicated Server not responding...

At least one time an hour, my game will seemingly freeze for no reason for around 20 seconds, then resume and disconnect, with the message "dedicated server not responding. disconnecting…" My internet is fine, and is not going out. This seemingly happens whenever there is a state change of some kind, such as health states changing, or something of that nature. The point is that I am being banned from matchmaking because of this for extended periods of time, for something I have absolutely no control over.

Tagged: Declined

Comments

  • It's wild that this is still happening. We had a big thread going last year around this time, which I will link for posterity. So much back and forth with BHVR on this, checking my internet, etc. The best guess they had was it had something to do with the Internet Exchange Point in our area, as a lot of us were in the Northeast and connected to the Boston IEP.

    HOWEVER — I just moved to Washington State. I have a new PC, new router, new ISP, etc. And I'm having the same problem. Again. Up to a 15 minute penalty today for reasons beyond my control.

    @EasternSpock said:

    I am on PS5 playing on US East Coast servers, and have posted before about being kicked from matches and receiving "Disconnected from Host" error messages. With the latest update, the error messages were changed to be more clear. It now says, "Dedicated server is not responding; disconnecting...".

    It happened to me today as Singularity right after I switched to a biopod, and suddenly realized I did not have a prompt to exit it. Though this is my first time experiencing this since the update, the same thing has been happening regularly in my matches since around January of 2023 and I have been receiving disconnect penalties for it which force me to stop playing the game. The error usually coincides with a change of health or hook states, using a killer power, performing an interaction, etc. Anything the server has to validate I suppose.

    I hope the fact that this new error message specifies it is an issue with the dedicated servers will help BHVR to quickly resolve it. This thread includes hundreds of comments from a number of players that regularly experience similar disconnections, which we can now see are an issue with servers not responding: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/366497/forcefully-kicked-from-match/p1

    Please acknowledge this report, it's been an endlessly frustrating issue that has repeatedly prevented me from enjoying a game I've purchased content for. Video of one experience below, several other examples in the comments.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mpQESyFNww