Is cross-progression merging everything into one Bvhr Acct?
Is DbD permanently merging progress across synced platforms into your Bvhr Account or temporarily merging progress based on existing links? Am I free to remove platform accounts from my Bvhr Account and retain the progress?
Comments
There's an FAQ:
https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/articles/28143341034644-Cross-Progression-Release-FAQ
I think this is what you're asking:
Thank you for the detailed reply and source. I reviewed that FAQ; it also mentions a 60-day wait to link another account. So, I'm not certain unless I am misreading it entirely.
From your reply, I can't tell exactly how you're reading the FAQ, but I get the impression you are mixing up "linking" accounts and "syncing" accounts. Those are two different things. First, you link platform accounts together in your BHVR account. Then, once your platform accounts are linked, you can choose to sync the accounts. Syncing a platform account is permanent.
If a platform account has not been synced, then it can be unlinked. After a platform account is unlinked, there's a 60-day wait before a different accounton the same platformcan be linked.So, first comes linking platform accounts,
which can be undone. Then comes syncing accounts, which is permanent.I apologize if I misread your reply and you were already aware of this. BHVR is not great at clarity, so I start off with the assumption that BHVR's statements have confused everyone and I go from there. :)
Edit: It's been a long time since this post was made, but the FAQ was updated after this conversation to say this: "Once you have linked a provider account, you are unable to unlink this account and change it for another." Linking accounts and syncing accounts are both permanent actions.