Should Perk Tiers Exist?

(This question was inspired by a post/thread on Reddit.)

It seems that perk tiers are a relic of past DBD, intended to provide an incentive to grind.

Currently, the DBD wiki indicates that there are "264 Perks featured in Dead by Daylight."

With the multitude of characters and perks in DBD today, there's no need to create an artificial grind via perk tiers. (Plus, perk tiers are just another obstacle for new players.)

It seems to me that perk tiers should be removed, but I'm curious what the community thinks.

Comments

  • They're pointless and don't add anything to the game, but I don't really consider them much problem after the update that made it so P3ing a character unlocks their perks at tier 3 for everyone else. Like, it's a huge grind for new players… but the sheer amount of perks available, most of them never being worth running, is already a huge grind to chew through. You're doomed either way. There's just way too many characters (all of them either earned at a glacial pace through ingame currency or with massive compounded DLC costs) to keep up with, and that's a problem that gets worse every year.

    I don't think they'll be removed, but I certainly wouldn't hold vigil for them if they were.